VPN / Proxy Extensions better integrated in Brave

You should just paste exactly what you pasted here on the relevant topics, such as EVs Extended Validation Certificates not indicating in Green if so when a similar topic is about to be created it can all be allocated within one topic for the Brave team to peruse.
You’ll notice your opinions is shared by myself and others in the link provided and content such as your suggestion will indefinitely make a better proprietary Brave embedded tool rather than a fork/port. I addition the developers of those extension which you’ve linked could also help in this case.

As am I but I currently having difficulty with the proprietary client offered by the provider, so I’m having to use the Native OpenVPN client which I thought I was going to dislike very much but turns out to be functioning quite well, though it doesn’t have the behind the scene and unique features offered by the client, nevertheless an excellent tool and very lite on the system.

It’s not that I’m hoping to simply get it integrated but actually better secured within Brave in comparison to the other major browsers.
I’ve been in discussion with some of the providers years ago just to figure out why they push updates sooner in one browser over the other and which browser it is best to use a SPDY-HTTPS-HTTPS/2 based Proxy/VPN and it seems to me that it is Chrome which was advised to me by one of them.

Now there’s the whole question surrounding trust around google and given that Brave and Chrome are based off of Chromium, I thought what better way to have the providers collaborate with the Brave team to make it the best browser to use a browser based VPN in.

There’s literally millions of users of the browser based VPN from Opera, Firefox to Chrome and if calculated together it’s most likely in the tens of millions and that’s just from one proivder, so I actually wish that something around the topic is taken seriously.

Why is Brave Showing my Location!
How'd everyone get started using Brave?

I think integrating a VPN provider into the browser may be more difficult than running a VPN on your local PC. It adds a whole different level of complexity that now needs to be maintained by the devs. installing a local VPN is easy and can protect all of your traffic from any browser/program/etc.

if a VPN provider is integrated into a browser, I’d hope it’s a paid option, otherwise it can cause a ton of prompts with websites using CloudFlare and such, which make you solve captchas all over the place. :slight_smile:

I’ve never used the Opera browser but I would assume they would charge considering the costs of maintain multiple servers around the globe.

They already had Opera VPN but a couple of years ago they purchased SurfEasy VPN from a Canadian company so I couldn’t tell you which part of their service has been engineered into their native browser.

Did you mean you didn’t know about the built-in version like in Opera or you didn’t know that VPNs also can function in a browser with the help of proprietary extension?

I would be happy with just the option of adding proxies

Maybe even the option to connect to the tor network

That’s probably what they’ll end up doing, I just figured I’d offer a suggestion which will make them different.

As for the tor network, do you know of any extension based VPN/Proxy that offers this kind of solution built-in along side their standard service. I know a couple of full force VPNs that offer such a service with ease but I just can’t remember which browser based service does. I’m sure there’s one or two that offer a proprietary tor extension but just can’t remember if a VPN/Proxy service does.

To be honest if you were to use such a service, your best of using the service downloaded as an app from the tor website or using the service if it is included within a VPN client, I say this because the ones that are included in mobile versions and in extension/addon stores, they look a little dodgy, if you know what I mean.

Without going too off topic, I know of a handful that I can think of that offer such solution built-in to their proprietary desktop client with simplicity and without the extra hassle some Linux users may face if they’re not use to command interface:

Technically if you’re using a desktop client which would essentially be a full force VPN as some call it considering it encrypts everything in and out of the system, whilst using Tor, technically this can be construed as a Double encryption or Multi-hop or Cascading or VPN Chain without the extra price but as stipulated before, the above solutions offer greater simplicity and ease of use within their proprietary client.

The website’s above should clearly indicated how this feature of theirs function for their users in their nice looking app, though I wouldn’t be able to speak for how perfect-privacy and zorro exactly work even though I listed it. Nevertheless, I’ll also list a couple of other information related to this feature if anyone is curious of other ways but they seem more complex for the average user so to be honest it’s best of using the feature from the above providers.

Browser Extensions Disclose Personal Data

I noticed this topic created by @Bespoke and thought it was absolutely relevant to the particular topic as well and would be brilliant if the providers I listed above can also peruse over so we could engage in figuring who is responsible for counteracting this and if anything coherently is being done about it.

Toration of Brave vice versa

Hi Everyone,

+1 I too would very much like to see various VPN proxy addons like Hoxx and DotVPN, etc… available for this…

No. 1.) Opera does not charge users for their built-in SurfEasy VPN. It’s free. 2.) It’s SurfEasy VPN, not their original VPN.

Hi @LuisAPI not to sound rude but obviously it’s not completely free otherwise how would they maintain the rest of the servers is what I meant so I imagine like many other free services they restrict certain countries where bandwidth is at a premium even though many VPN companies use their revenues allocated from users across the globe.

Regarding SurfEasy, considering it is better branded they should just use that as their proprietary version for their company and integrate the Opera servers under the SurfEasy name.

If they still maintain two separate teams it makes sense to keep both of them considering they’re both fantastic solutions. However, their support doesn’t seem to indicate this as both are under @surfeasy, perhaps they’ve worked so hard on coding the OperaVPN version that they just don’t want to mix it in case a discrepancy in the future arises which is wise but personally I think they should make congruent some of their web pages so users don’t think they’re purchase a piece of software from an individual company when it’s actually a subsidiary.

Furthermore, I don’t think it’s fair and competitive to other brilliant solutions out there even thought the VPN market is remarkably thrifty. It sort of reminds me of this East Asian company - they provide an excellent service, a brilliant cross-platform solution and they operate as two different companies that offer the exact form of solution, same policies, similar prices but just a different logo and name. I wonder how it will all play out when the gov attempts to ban such solutions, I suppose they’ll think having two exact solutions played out in their favor, rather ironic considering the discussion.

HI @phd21 there’s a reason as to why I excluded Hoxx, just type it in your ‘browsers’ (not community) search function and there’s comments on it.

A member of team indicated there’s going to be some checking to see if extensions are sort of neglectful, I don’t think he meant on a policy level but in terms the extensions’ security so I stipulated that some shouldn’t really exist in their future extension store if you will because of their policies.

Windscribe free VPN

+1 on Windscribe VPN from Windscribe free VPN

@sriram when inspection of all extensions especially the VPN/Proxy based extensions are taken into consideration, would any members of the team bother looking below here for anything extra that may be beneficial or interesting to consider, like your +1?

One other thing I’d like to know is if it’s possible for you to paste the Chrome link Windscribe at the top with the others so members and other users can see which ones are popular and wanted; I’d have pasted it myself but over a certain period I sort of edited and included all the above requests and there’s a limit to edits.

Require inbuilt VPN just like Opera Browser
Require inbuilt VPN just like Opera Browser

I hate the fact I couldn’t include the Windscribe VPN extension along with the others above, it was probably due to the fact that they offered a lifetime subscription and I’ve always found such offers to be rather pompous as it technically relies on other members, subscribers, customers to fund the service on behalf of the lifetime-rs who basically just pay around 2 years worth of service. Despite it doesn’t correlate with the actual functionality of their service, I thought it was worth mentioning.

However a member of the team did acquiesce this and added it among the many to investigate and bring to Brave. In a topic by @oregeno it manged to generate 4 likes, close 300 views and 80 click on the extension download page.

Hola VPN for Brave
Extension Repository

+1 for VPN Unlimited.
I unfortunately dont see this being listed on the extensions projects page.

Hi @36a93f30 Why not?

I included that extension more recently than the others as I didn’t trust it as much.

Truth be told I didn’t and sort of still don’t like the idea of completely free solution, they seem a little dodgy if you know what I mean. However, I had a look at their policy and other solutions they offer and it doesn’t seem to negate user privacy and it is sort of clear how they finance their service.

Conversations with Proxy / VPN providers that offer SPDY-HTTPS/2 Solutions

brave start to be a privacy protector browser for user but some extention and company spy on user and many user know this company like hotspot shield.please stay away from this extention

What!? @OmidReza This is the first I’m hearing something negative about Hotspot Shield’s reputation. Can you explain why your reasoning.

I am only waiting on the PIA© VPN extension to be implemented, then I will make the transition from Chrome. I only mention this to improve the conversation because I think many others feel the same way.

hi,i use hotspot sheild free when ested m self after reading abou problem i go for express vpn
hotspot have many problem like dns leak:

https://threatpost.com/complaint-alleges-hotspot-shield-vpn-engages-in-deceptive-trade-practices/127296/