Videos on facebook and vimeo will not play (Youtube and Netflix work fine)

Subject line says it all. I’m a little tech challenged, would love to make Brave my main browser, but the video situation has made that a challenge. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can hear audio, but no video.

Hi @Sphereless

Could you please take a look at this post with some pointers on how to provide us information to best help troubleshoot your issue? About the Help Me category

Thanks!
Lauren

Tell us your Brave version.
Tell us your operating system version (Windows 7, OS X 10.11.6, Ubuntu 16.04 for example).
Tell us the Shield settings you have for the particular site (click on the lion icon in the upper-right to find out).
Give us step-by-step instructions on how to repeat your issue.
If possible, you may wish to include a screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/27).

It’s the most updated version (I update when it asks me too… I’m a good little user. :slight_smile: )
I use Windows 10
Shields? They are up except Block scripts switch that is not on.

Video work on youtube (Although will have trouble sometimes, I may have to reload, works on netflix, but embedded videos on twitter and facebook do not. Get white block, but do get audio.)

Thanks

Hi @Sphereless

Could you try adjusting your shield settings on Facebook or Vimeo specifically? (ex. adjust your Fingerprinting setting or adjust your cookie setting)

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi

It’s the most updated version

Brave 0.21.24
V8 6.5.254.36
rev 19c78a1
Muon 4.9.3
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 65.0.3325.162

I use Windows 10
Shields are off
I have a same problem with videos on Facebook, Twitter and some videos for YouTube.
Audio works but video doesn’t.
Please help me.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.