Videos autopause when muted and in another tab

Description of the issue: Videos autopause when muted and in another tab
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Mute video while still playing
  2. Go to another Tab and wait 30 seconds or so
  3. Return to tab with the video and it will resume where you left it

Expected result: The video should continue playing even if it is muted, and in another tab

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.52.122 Chromium: 114.0.5735.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Same thing happen with other Browsers regardless of website

Those are Chromium restrictions, which make sense because if you are not watching, not hearing it, why do you want it to use resources for it? Sometimes I know the video doesn’t keep playing which is annoying.

There are some flags you can test:

--disable-renderer-backgrounding
Prevent renderer process backgrounding when set. :arrow_right_hook:

--disable-backgrounding-occluded-windows
Disable backgrounding renders for occluded windows. Done for tests to avoid nondeterministic behavior. :arrow_right_hook:

I am talking about live streams in all these tests though, and the easiest way to deal with this is just to play the video, and instead of muting the video you just mute the tab with ctrl+M, the shortcut for muting tabs, and well, they don’t get the same treatment as if the video is muted.

Ok, when i mute the tab with right click and “Mute Tab” that seems to work(the video keeps playing which is what i want), but when i click on the volume icon on the tab the video autopause, i though it was the same thing?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.