Video playback stuttering

Disabling ‘Vulkan’ in brave://flags has worked for me on my S9+ ! (found on Reddit) :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: Give it a try!

Not sure if the team can work out why this would be?

3 Likes

“Disabling ‘Vulkan’ in brave://flags has worked for me on my S9+ ! (found on Reddit) :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: Give it a try!”

Thank you! Created an account just to comment that this fix worked and you’ve saved me from the dreaded stutter. I have Note 9 on Android10 also. As well as video stuttering I also had issues with text forms on web pages, twitter feed apps on web pages and some gif play issues.

Will continue checking here to see if any further fix occurs with Vulkan, but for now it’s all working fine (after I disabled it)

It works!

Thanks bro

This solution works. I guess the Brave team needs to have a look into what Vulkan is doing to S9 phones.

Its work!
Thank you man, you saved my day.

Just to log a ticket for this issue. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15007

I would keep checking on Brave Nightly builds regularly in case it’s fixed upstream also.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.