I’m a bit puzzled by my results.
I created a new profile, made sure there were no extensions listed, then started playing one of the first videos that appeared when i brought up YouTube.
As usual, it ran for a while before freezing. I refreshed, got the Page Unresponsive message then chose to Exit the page and got the Snap message. This is how things commonly play out in my usual profile.
When i looked at the Brave Task Manager, YouTube was using 99% of CPU. I also saw that a Honey extension was showing, which i use on my normal profile, but which didn’t appear on the Extensions page of my test profile (it was empty).
It was only using something like 2% of CPU, but i ended it just to be sure. This didn’t make a difference.
When i reloaded, the video started playing again, but a while later it froze again. It froze 3 or 4 times during playback, which was worse than i get on my usual profile. Each time, CPU was very high, the highest of all tasks.
I tried waiting, rather than exiting the page the second time, but nothing happened and i ended up exiting.
Each time after page exit, i reloaded and the video worked fine for a while.
This is a screen capture of the Task Manager after i closed down Honey: