Video play fails on bilibili.com

Video play fails on bilibili.com
Forexample: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av73681783/

Press the “play” button and it fails to play the video. But the subtitles are still available.

Expected result:

Can you tell me how to scroll back to the last version before the problem gets fixed? I have to take care of this site everyday.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70

@skitgrindzhu Sorry for the delay in a response, still looking into it. Just allow “all cookies” in sheilds

I did a bit of investigation, I checked to see if there was a quick fix on referrer issues. Alas, nothing.

For the timebeing just allow all cookies in Sheilds. I’ve logged a GH issue for you: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/6683

:slight_smile:

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your instructions. I followed them but there’s still a weird problem. As you see in this screenshot, subtitles and audios are played normally but the video image remains missed. I also tried to uninstall the browser and scroll back to version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120, but the video image is still missed. It never happened before I update to the latest version.

Finally I found one way to solve this problem:

1.I uninstalled brave browser, set the default browser to chrome

2.relaunch my pc and installed brave 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120

3.launch brave and the video image was played normally for the first time. But when I relaunch brave browser, it failed again.

4.I also tested the latest version of Chrome and it didn’t reproduced. Video images were normal.

I doubted that this might be an individual problem on my pc. And it’s on Win7x64.

Hope you can reproduce this issue and work out the solution, but don’t be worry for I’ve found alternative broswers for temporarily use. Thank you for your investigation. Zhu.

And I would suggest that it might be an incompatiblity in your html5 player extension, but I don’t know its relationship to how I re-installed and relaunched brave.

If you disable sheilds completely does it help with playback?

Hi Ryan I disabled the shields completely and it remains the same problem.
I don’t know why it always fails to reply your email directly so I can only leave a message here.

Watch the the gif (new Brave profile), with allow all cookies vs cross-site cookies. The fix is easily reproducible when cookies is allowed.

Thanks Ryan. I finally found the solution. But I couldn’t remember when and how I blocked the player.:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like