Video Issue with Google Drive on YouTube

Description of the issue:

I am Freelancer and business owner. I work a lot with Google Drive. Usually the client would send a video with some instructions and upload it to Google Drive using Google’s .webm format (not 100% sure about that). The video screen comes up and the play button appears. Clicking play does however not do anything.

Opening the video in another browser such as Chrome or Vivaldi plays the video just fine. Also, other videos, like YouTube, News Sites, etc. work just fine and without any issue. I have tried with several videos, I have gotten in the past weeks and the issue persists, even through Brave updates.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Record a Video with Google Drive using webm format
  2. Share the link / click on the link to play the video
  3. Click the play button for the video.

Expected result:

The video should play.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)](https://brave.com/latest/)
For Linux

Additional Information:

1 Like

goto google drive, then in the address bar click lion head icon. in the dropdown that says ‘Cross-site cookies blocked’, change that to ‘All cookies allowed’.

2 Likes

Oh, cool! Wow!

I should have thought about that myself. But anyway, it worked! Thanks!

Will that be the reason, why on some pages, when clicking on a video, a “This file has been deleted” message appears instead of playing the video?

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers

1 Like

Will that be the reason, why on some pages, when clicking on a video, a “This file has been deleted” message appears instead of playing the video?

No… Don’t know what that message is from except someone deleted the video…

1 Like

Well, not exactly.

The video is there and it works fine with Chrome or Vivaldi. But when I hit the play button on Brave the video preview and all disappears and it just says “This file got deleted”.

I thought this might have been connected since Brave thankfully does block trackers, ads and so on. I will have a further look to see if I can find a clue.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.