Video is moving weirdly

Description of the issue: the youtube video or some video in between the blog/article is moving weirdly.

Exact URL of the website in question: https://in.pcmag.com/web-site-hosting-services/39836/the-best-wordpress-web-hosting-services-for-2020

**Did the issue present with [default Shields settings]:- Yes, Had noting to with shield settings.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Do not have chrome on my pc

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131

For information, I can confirm. The video resizes frantically back and forth.
I think it’s a website bug though: there’s a scrollbar briefly showing up, and trying it in Firefox, the video does not shake but the scrollbar is there and a little slice of the video is hidden.

By the way, with shields down the ads are not affected (just a little glitch at the start) but then the video proper starts shaking. My guess is, they reserved absolute space for the video but the main video is slightly larger than the ads, hence the strange behavior (handled differently by different browsers).

1 Like

I verified the following:

• The issue is reproducible in all Stable, Beta, and Nightly versions of Brave.
  • Not related to Brave Shields.
  • Not related to Hardware Acceleration.
  • Not related to browsing data or extensions.

I would agree with @elder-n00b that it’s a bug on their end. Would be nice if someone could test in Google Chrome.

1 Like

Update:- checked on Microsoft edge (should have done earlier, but forgot that I had edge on pc), it seems to be the website’s problem and not Brave’s problem. The issue can be closed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.