Video capture in NVIDIA's GeForce Experience/ShadowPlay of media played in browser

Description of the issue:
The issue I am reporting is related to media playback. I tried to capture a clip using Nvidia’s shadow play from youtube and after trying to play the clip back in VLC I got a few seconds of video and then a screen freeze on a video frame while the audio continued to play without problems. I noticed this problem two updates ago but thought the video on youtube had an issue. Today I tried again with version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) and got the same outcome with a different video. I tried capturing the same clip from firefox and the captured clip played fine with no problems.

This is not a critical issue for me, as I can switch to firefox when I wish, but I thought to report this anyway.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Play a youtube video press ALT+F9 to start screen capture in Nvidia’s shadow play, and after the clip is done press ALT+F9 to save to file.

Play file in VLC and the problem appears.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Cannot post video.

Expected result:
Captured video should play as good as the original. It does in firefox.

Reproduces how often:
Every time I tried it.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, Brave Browser version 1.4.96 Chromium: 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Additional Information:
VLC is at version 3.0.8 64bits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.