Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (arm64) crashes on Mac Ventura

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (arm64)
  2. Mac Air M1 (16G RAM)

Updated to Ventura, and mac reported “cannot open brave browser…”, it is corrupted.

Unistalled the app, and reinstall. Worked well for 2 days, and then the same problem persisted.

Uninstalled and reinstall for another 2 times, and the problem remained the same. (Worked for 2 days, and then popped the message “cannot open brave browser”

1 Like

Not sure what’s happening. @Jarc-1107 @Kevin_cc @Alice2095 can you guys help? Thanks

Updates: The same problem happened to Microsoft edge today. The browser cannot be opened and the same message was reported “cannot open Microsoft edge…corrupted”. Dont know if it is a problem of the ventura to both browser kernels, or it is just coincident of Brave and Edge.

1 Like

Having the same issue here on High Sierra, until yesterday no problems whatsoever since I started using Brave over one year ago.

Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

Hello there @dccd sorry to know that you are experiencing issues with Brave.

On this case, if you are not able to open Brave at this moment, please try reinstalling again and once you are able to open it, go to brave://crashes and send the crash report, once you send it please provide the crash ID here in order to further investigate.

In the meantime, try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue. You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Be waiting for your response.

1 Like

Yeah this happens to me too

1 Like

hi. It just happened today again.

sent the crash report, but I dont think it recorded the recent failures as the dates were out-dated. Will try to disable the hardware acceleration setting.

ids:
56ee0700-c482-0f09-0000-000000000000
54ee0700-c482-0f09-0000-000000000000

1 Like

I have the same problem here, randomly Brave just crashes all of a sudden. Also using Mac M1, running Ventura, with 8 gigs of ram.

1 Like

Turning off the cards helped, it doesn’t crash anymore. Hopefully a patch / update will be released in the near future.

1 Like

Updates:
There is a patch update from my garbage cleaner app (“lemon”). It states as follows:
In Ventrua 13.0, cleaning binary files will cause apps with those binary files unable to work properly. Cleaning of binary files have been suspended in this patch version, and the development team is looking for a solution now.

I guess this explains the strange behaviors I have been encountered in the last few days.
I further guess the cleaning mechanism (remove of binary files, have no idea what is means though) is not unique, but other garbage cleaning apps apply similar mechanism.
I will enable the hardware acceleration on 11/4, if the app does not stop working suddenly. Will update afterwards.

1 Like

Hello there @solo.practica could you please provide me with the steps you followed to disable the cards so if anyone experiencing this issue can use them?

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up, please let me know if the crashes persist so our team can further take a look to it.

Regards.

Hi @dccd @solo.practica @shn @MT198 could you please try updating to the latest version on your device to see if the crash issue solves?

If anyone is experiencing this same issue, try updating to the latest build.

Regards. :lion:

there’s a “Customise” option on the homepage / dashboard. Click that, click the “Cards” option, scroll to the bottom and move the slide to the left

1 Like

I think it just got updated, Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Sure. Go to the Brave home, at the right bottom corner is the “Customise” link, once there, look for “Cards”. Scroll down and turn them off.

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_cc, Brave was updated and for the moment (with cards activated) seems to work. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Thanks @SmartyAadi appreciate it!

1 Like

@MT198 glad to read that! If you encounter this same issue again or have other concerns, please get back to us or create a new community post.

@solo.practica My pleasure! If you have any other concerns, you can always contact us through this support channel.

1 Like