Version 0.56.7 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) & YouTube notifications or lack of

Description of the issue:
No longer seeing notifications from YouTube of live streams

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Subscribe to a YouTube stream and click on bell icon to be notified when they have new content or go live. When the creator goes live I do not see a notification that they are actually streaming live.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.56.7 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
no idea only have Beta installed
Additional Information:
Windows 7 x64

@fedup, sorry for the late response!
Can you check to see if you have notifications blocked on Youtube?
Quickest way to check would be to visit Youtube and click the lock icon on the left side of the address bar:

Getting security warning in Brave but not Chrome

Checked and notifications are allowed for YouTube. Only way I know of a live stream now in Brave if I see a notification popping up on one of my mobile devices on the desktop here.

I tried going back to Brave but it not going to last long at this rate. Got notifications on both of my iOS devices but unless I check the YouTube poge’s notification icon I would be none the wiser since Brave refuses to display the YouTube popup notification window at all.

EDIT: Posted this to the wrong thread, apologies! Moving it now.
That link works for me as well. I’ll see if someone else might have an idea of whats going on. Appreciate your patience.

I think your last post belongs with my other issue over at Getting security warning in Brave but not Chrome

Apologies for the above, edited my comment to reflect my mistake.
So when I saw your post again today I went to YouTube and subscribed to a couple channels that live stream and some regular ones as well. I seem to get notified both on the site (push notification on bell icon) and on the tab:

Are these not the notifications you’re looking for?

The notifications that I am missing are the pop up boxes in the lower right corner of the screen from YouTube indicating that someone has posted new content or that they have gone live or that someone has even liked a comment I made on another post in a YouTube channel. These notifications are the ones whose bell icon on their channel I have clicked on. I rarely sit on the YouTube tab in my browser and rely on these pop up notifications a lot regarding live streams. I never see any of these pop ups in Brave.

If I run Chrome I see them and they remain on the screen until I click on the little X in the popups window.

The bell icon and the (1) indicator as you show in your screen shot works in Brave here but again I do not notice that as easily as these popup notifications which I never see.

Anyone else on the beta seeing this issue with not seeing the popup notification in the lower right corner of your desktop for YouTube streams whose notification bell on their feed has been clicked on? I am not seeing it on Win7 nor on Windows 10 1809 when Brave.

Yes,
After updating to the latest Version i am having the exact same issue.

Browser: 0.57.6 Chromium: 71.0.3578.31 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.8.9 (Gtk 3.22.30-1ubuntu1)
Distro: Linux Mint 19 Tara

Thank you for that confirmation. I knew it was not machine specific since I am seeing it on Win7 and Windows10. So this was not happening in a prior beta version of Brave?

Correct, the last versions worked correctly with all pop-up notifications.
It’s not only YouTube notifications that do not show it’s other website notifications as well.

THanks very much for the confirmation. I have regained a bit of my sanity with this bit of information. I use my web browser 18 hours a day doing research etc. and sorry to say that at least for the time being I have had to resort to reverting back to Chrome here.

@Sinch Thanks for reporting.
@fedup glad you have a friend in this.

So do either of you get desktop notifications from other sites? For example, if you were to enable them for this site (Community) would they display? Let me know. I’ll likely open an issue for this either way but I’d like to get as much info on it as possible.

While I was using Brave as my browser I would I only see desktop pop up notifications from these forums IF I have a tab open in the browser otherwise no.

Do you have a gmail account? You can try with any email client that allows for desktop notifications, but I mention gmail specifically since the original issue was with YT.

If so, login, configure your gmail to display desktop notifications, send yourself an email. Let me know if you see the notification display. I’m trying to narrow down the issue and determine whether or not its an issue with notifications in general or notifications from particular domains.

Since I am back to using Chrome I enabled notifications for email for a Gmail account. Sent an email via other account. Almost immediately got a notification via Chrome. Closed Chrome. Logged into Gmail in Brave sent another email. No notification at all in Brave yet the 2nd test message was setting in my Gmail account.

Still unsure why you’re not getting notifications of any kind.
If you go to
Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy/Security --> Content Settings --> Notifications

Do you see YT and/or gmail listed in the Allow section?
If they’re not, try manually adding them and ensure that they are in the form shown in the following image

Yes YouTube was in there as https://www.youtube.com:443 however gmail was not so I added https://mail.google.com:443 in there as well.

And still no luck I assume?