“Verify Wallet” button not working (PC)

Hi Team,

I’ve been using Brave rewards for several months and I realized today that the Verify Wallet, Add funds and Withdraw funds buttons are not working at all, like other users are mentioning it seems.

I will have to change my PC and would like to avoid loosing my BAT. Also, I live in NYC (don’t know if it’s relevant but I saw a bug in a previous topic).

More info : If I create a TEST profile, the buttons are active so I guess a workaround would be to transfer BAT from a profile to another but I don’t know it that is supported.

Can I send you my info in DM, hopefully you can unlock me.

Thank you so much for your help !

Julien

Hi, @JulienSire, Uphold is currently in the process of obtaining a BitLicense in New York.

You should still be able to create an account with them, but right now there is an issue with BAT porting to Uphold, and I’m not sure if that could be wreaking havoc on the process of verification. :confused:

You can follow Support’s thread about this bug and watch for any updates on it here:

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I can send the BAT to another uphold wallet that is not in NYC. The pending Uphold BitLicense is not a blocking issue.

The issue is that when I click on the Verify Wallet button, nothing is responding on my profile. And yet, if I create a new profile, the uphold login page is poping up. So I think there is an issue with my particular profile.

Can you try to take a look ?

What is your OS and browser version? And how many wallets/ devices do you have linked to Uphold?

Brave 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 1ea76e193b4fadb723bfea2a19a66c93a1bc0ca6-refs/branch-heads/4389@{#1616}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 1909 (Build 18363.1440)

And how many wallets/ devices do you have linked to Uphold currently?

I have an uphold account verified, but it is not linked to Brave as I have never been able to “verify wallet”.

Have you tried clearing cache (not data), and restarting the browser?

Yes I tried but it didn’t help.

I think it really is related to that issue I linked in my first post, but maybe there could be something else. Perhaps @eljuno or @Mattches will drop in when they are able. I’m sorry. Also, don’t reinstall or reformat anything in the meantime, please. :slight_smile:

OK thank you for your help.

Would that work if I copy my profile from User data folder and paste it on my new computer ?

@JulienSire,

This will not help with verifying.
Are you by chance located in New York? I ask because 1) NY users are unable to verify with Uphold due to State restrictions and 2) there is a known issue with this because you should still be able to interact with the button regardless – and this is likely what you’re running into:

1 Like

Hi again,

I am in NYC indeed. I am not trying to verify the wallet actually.

I need to change computer and make sure I can keep the BAT that I have accumulated.
A process to transfer the rewards from a computer to another (or from a brave profile to another) would solve my issue.

Would you have a process to do that ?

Hi, @JulienSire, there is no way to do that, unfortunately.

Will you still have access to the PC? The BAT in your browser wallet could just sit there till you get a verified wallet to drain it to.

Hi,

I will have to return my PC to my company. I will not have access to it anymore. That’s my main concern.

Thank you - I had a feeling this was related to the bitlicense in NY issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.