Verified channel not showing as verified in browser

One of my verified channels (a website) is not showing up as verified in the Brave browser. It has been nearly 24 hours since verification and it shows up as a verified channel in my dashboard. Additionally, I received an email stating that it was verified. Using: Version 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @R1234, can you share with us your website so I can double check from my end?

It’s worth noting that in the current version, your browser updates the verification list once every 48h, give or a take a few depending on when you open and close your browser. We have a change landing in the next versions that moves it down to 24h, like it should be.

So, since you only verified within the past 24h, it’s expected that it has not shown up in your browser yet, since your browser may only update its publishers list in another 24h from now.

Hope that helps.

Is there someplace in the browser where we can manually kick off the publisher update?

Would have been nice to see a warning in the publisher profile indicating to the user that it could take up to 48 hours.

I have a YouTube channel for almost a month without checking? I wanted to see if the tips worked and it turns out that I’m not verified?

Thanks for your report. Can you try going into one of your individual channels?

From your screenshot, it looks like I know what bug you are encountering. If you look carefully at the URL in your address bar, it has as=subscriber on the end. Lead engineer on the tipping interface identified this as the cause of the bug where your channel will not show up as verified.

You can see I reported this here a few days ago:

1 Like

Is there someplace in the browser where we can manually kick off the publisher update?

Would have been nice to see a warning in the publisher profile indicating to the user that it could take up to 48 hours.

I filed this suggestion a few days ago. Thanks:

Hi, I am also having a similar problem. I have two channels; one a website and one a youtube channel and although I have received confirmation that both are verified neither show up as being so within the Brave browser. I have been waiting for over 4 days. Can you help? Thank you.

@smiletobefree please see Solutions for “not yet verified” bug

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi eljuno,

Thank you for the link to the post.

I have followed all the steps included there but unfortunately the channels still say that they are not verified.

In case it helps they are:

https://ikigai.wales/

Is there something else I can try?

Thank you.

Your YouTube channel shows up as verified for me:

As for anything else you can do: not really, if you’ve tried all the solutions in those threads :(. You can re-install the browser and delete all your data upon uninstallation, but that is not a viable solution for many users who do not want to lose their data.

The only solution now is to wait and hope your browser updates the and detects the list, and to wait for a new patch we have coming out that will make the detection more reliable/robust.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding!

Hi

Does that mean that there is something wrong with my Brave browser because I have just try again and it is still showing as not verified for me?

It is the same for the www.ikigai.wales website.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the browser but nothing has worked.

Thank you for your help.

All the best,

Simon

Technically it does mean there is something “wrong” with your browser, but it’s definitely not specific to you! This problem afflicts an insanely large number of Brave users, and we are working to fix it.

In the following thread, I go through every known support solution for this problem:

See if any of them work for you! Thanks.

Thank you chriscat for your help and efforts.

I imagine such a problem is very frustrating.

I will try the suggested possible solutions.

Once a ‘fix’ is founded will this be included in a new update to the browser? I ask as I would be keen to know once the solution is available.

Thank you again and all the best,

Simon

1 Like

Guys, sometimes your Brave Browser won’t update its publisher list super fast, it can take time.
However you can check if your website/channel has been verified by searching this website

Hello again chriscat,

Just to let you know that I have tried the youtube fix of visiting one of the videos of the channel and this seems to have fix the verification for the whole youtube channel.

Unfortunately this does not work for the normal website; in this case www.ikigai.wales

Any help with this when you have it would be great.

Thank you and all the best,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.