(v1.18.70 Changes) Brave ads received reduce drastically to 5 ads per day

Since updated the browser version to latest version 1.18.70, the ads I received no longer is 10 something per day or even maximum 20 before update, yesterday my laptop and desktop receiving 5 ads on the first 3 hours use only then the ads stop appearing for the next 5 hours browser use until today. Can brave team confirm whether the ads policy have changed? May I know is other user have the same max amount of received ads or it is just me after the browser update?

7 Likes

Seems normal. Explained here FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads? , more or less.

1 Like

I read the ads FAQ but it doesnt make sense to me as it only happen after update, actually I have installed 1 more brave beta on my bro laptop few months ago, he use the browser at least 10 hours every day to do research on homework, watch video and read the crypto related article, if I’m no mistaken the beta version come first and then the stable version will follow. I checked his browser 7-day ads history just now and his brave beta browser receive only 5 ads daily for past seven days, he told me that he used to get a lot of ads (15 at least) on October and the ads is reduced to max 5 ads daily also after he updated the browser version on middle of November. It look very suspicious to me as the amount of ads received can maintained 5 per day, no more and no less for almost a month. Some more it is happened after the update also. If follow the timeframe of version released between beta and stable version, it make sense to me if the specific version reduce the max amount of ads received per day. That’s why I seek for clarification here. It doesn’t matter to me if the max ads receive per day is reduce and it won’t stop me for being stop using Brave Browser as I like how it handle the privacy and built in ads block feature.

Just curious to know is anyone here have ads reduce also after update or it is just me?

1 Like

The fact that you still receive/see ads = nothing wrong with the update. Ads received/shown per day is vary for each user and depend on many factors. The availability of ads campaign in your country, the daily cap, match found, etc.

1 Like

Unfortunately now already can’t see the log in brave://rewards-internal otherwise I can figure out what is happening. My region is Malaysia and the active campaign is 16 so it is possible caused by what your stated above. But my bro is staying at UK now and the active campaign is 51. As I know most of the ads is related to crypto and he always follow up the latest crypto news and did some investment. It is quite low probability that he would only receive 5 ads per day maximum unless the daily cap is adjusted to 5 because it doesn’t make sense at all.

By the way, just want some clarification that the daily cap (total of all kind of ads) is still 20 or reduced?

2 Likes

I am not sure what’s the current limit but in the new update v1.18.70 , the ads are definitely lot lesser than before . There are literally 6-12 hours gap where there’s no ad at all . This never happened before .Unfortunately they have done something to the algorithm it seems.

( PS - i very well know about all the factors for receiving a ad. The device , location / ip , usage time everything is exactly same as before . It has to be something in the algorithm itself ) . I hope they acknowledge and fix this issue

9 Likes

Agree, glad to hear I am not alone lol

7 Likes

I’ve got like 2 ads today that’s all from 10-15 per day

1 Like

Seem the ads system is messed up on latest version, there are already few claiming from several users, Brave Team should start checking on it.

1 Like

so, the stable release doesn’t have the 5 daily ads limit? a few months ago i moved from the stable release to nightly because it went for days and days without any ads at all and some people recommended me the beta or nightly to get more ads. it was working and i was getting more ads, sometimes from 10 to 13 a day, but i believe since December started, it always stops at 5 a day.
i eventually moved away from nightly because of the daily updates and have been using beta instead since it didn’t affect the number of ads i was getting when compared to nightly, at least until this month when it eventually stopped after getting 5 a day. i don’t want to go back to stable and have the same issues again, going for days and days with 0 ads…

@kevers05 Nice to hear the opinion of professional tester, hope this post can raise the awareness of Brave Team

same for me since this update same problem , yes problem on linux no problem with legacy version!
I check with strace command and official message is like I received max per day seems like some has a problem between hour and day…

if only 5 per day now how many days for to be resgistered into uphold ? for example:
5 ads at 0.01 -> 500 days
5 ads at 0.15 -> 33.3 days
9.24986 BAT fee for withdrawing so :
5 ads at 0.01 -> 185 days
5 days at 0.15 -> 12.3 days
@eljuno does it seem legit or unreflected?

4 Likes

I also getting only 5 ads per day after update to version 1.18.70.

This is not proper answer , I also getting only 5 ads per day after update to version 1.18.70.

6 Likes

I was getting a nice flow of ads this month reaching about a 100 around Dec 8th, but then it suddenly stopped. I didn’t get any more ads at all for the past 3 days. Seems odd.
I didn’t do any update myself but I think it updates automatically.

2 Likes

Same having around 5 ads than it stopped. After 8hr of browsing. There is no any problem with my android n ios. But pc having this issue getting lessor ads started from 11/12/20

2 Likes

Seems like downgrade the browser again :sob::sob:

2 Likes

As far as I know, there is not a five ad per-day limit. I am reaching out to confirm this.

3 Likes

Guess what, the bug is fixed now i am getting around 10 ads now :slight_smile: