Using Same Browser "Instance" in Two Operating Systems on the Same Machine

Briefly describe your issue:
Hi all,

I’ve been searching for forum posts regarding my topic above but to no avail. In terms of specifics, I currently have two browser “instances” (BI) (instance is just how I label a specific browser wallet that’s been connected to an exchange): brave and brave nightly.

I have been using them on Windows 10. I recently installed Linux Mint, resulting in a dual boot laptop. The only thing keeping me from completely making the switch to Mint is that I’ll lose those connections I have to Uphold. In theory, I should be able to simply copy my brave browser folders and place them in the Mint partitions but I’m concerned that my BI might get flagged if I’m using it from a different OS. There’s no way for me to use the BI simultaneously in this situation so that shouldn’t be cause for concern but I’m still worried that my BI might get falsely flagged when my desired use is completely legitimate.

Does anyone know of this being an issue or how I can make this work without it becoming an issue?

Thanks!

edit: removed template info.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

-Windows 10 version 21H2
-Linux Mint (20.1 but will update soon to 20.3)

Brave: Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave Nightly: Version 1.43.3 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes, both wallets are verified and connected to Uphold.

What date did you verify your wallet?

Sometime last spring for both, I believe. I’m not sure how to find the exact date.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes. No issues here.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Only recently (protonVPN). No issues so far, as I’ve been sticking to servers within my state.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes: US

bump to hopefully get some dev input :crossed_fingers:

thanks in advance!

For the Uphold wallets, you do not need to “transfer” this data over. Simply create a new wallet(s) on your Mint installation and verify the new wallets with the same Uphold ID and you should be good to go.