Removed Content (Character Limit)
Questions Answered: “How to…”
Sync (link to Help Center articles on Sync)
Customize New Tab Page Images
By default there are some images (currently 15) other than NTP Ads that display in rotation on opening a NTP. Instead of rotating through background images, you can upload your own image to use as the default background on a NTP. Examples and instructions are available at this Brave GitHub issue report: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/19640
Solid colours and Gradients for the NTP are still in the works. You can track the status of the issue here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15252
Delete a Topic or Post
You can delete a topic you created. Once deleted, it will close the topic. No one (except admins) can post a reply to a topic once it is closed.
How to delete your topic:
- Click on the options at the bottom of your post.
- Click the trashcan to delete your post.
Delete a Profile
To delete the new profile, follow the steps below:
Create a Topic in a Category or Subcategory
Every detail you can provide about your issue helps Brave Support. The more detail you provide the less time support staff have to spend requesting additional information which in turn gives them more time to consider your issue and situation!
Brave Support prefers you use their Report Templates (see below). You are more likely to receive help from both community members and support staff if you submit a detailed support request using one of the templates.
- Bug Reporting Template - Desktop
- Bug Reporting Template - Mobile (Android / iOS)
- Bug Reporting Template - Web Compatibility (web pages and sites experience)
- Brave Rewards/Ads Template (for Ads / BAT / Creators / Payments / Rewards / Wallets)
Create Topic Instructions
- At community.brave.com main page, select (click) the category or subcategory related to your support request. Categories with their related subcategories are displayed on the left hand side of the page. If you hover over a category (or subcategory), a short description of the category will display.
- Read the “About Category” topic if one is pinned. Not all Categories/Subcategories have a pinned “About” topic but if it does, you should read it. Also, do a Search of the category to see if you can find topics with solutions related to your issue.
- Click the
+New Topicbutton displayed in the top right of the page in the category your selected to start creating your topic (post).
- The editor opens once
+ New Topicis clicked.
Depending on the category selected, there may be instructions and a template displayed in the right side pane which will be automatically copied over to the left side pane. If there is, follow the instructions first.
- Create your post in the left side pane. Once you start typing, a preview of your text will display in the right side pane.
- Enter the topic title
- Select optional tags. Note: In some categories you must select the OS tag(s) related to your issue or your topic will not be created.
- If a template is not provided, describe the purpose of your post in as much detail as possible. Don’t assume anything!
- If a template is provided, provide the requested information.
- Additional Information (very helpful to supply if applicable)
> What extensions have you added to Brave Browser? Their status (Enabled / Disabled)?
> What Progressive Web Applications (“PWA”) are you using? Their status?
> Do you usually open a “New Window” or a “New Private Window” when you browse and visit websites?
> Are you using a VPN? (Is already a question in some templates, but not all)
> What custodial account are you verified with (Gemini or Uphold)?
- Once completed entering the information about your issue, just click the
+ Create Topicbutton to create your post!
Related Help Center Topic(s)
Note: @289wk provided instructions per creating a topic from the main page of community.brave.com. You can do this, especially if you are an experienced user and any instructions/templates related to the category will still be available.
The instructions I provided have the user enter the category to create a topic. I think it is more beneficial for new users to actually enter the category/subcategory so they will have access to pinned topics and issue specific topics if they decide to do a search of topics. New users can do this from the main page, but I think it is more confusing to a new user to do. Please provide feedback. We can always do an edit!