User Solutions: Brave Release 1.38.x

Retired: User Solutions: Brave Release 1.38.x Content

This post tries to consolidate solutions, workarounds and possible solutions across categories each major release. Minor updates and fixes released will be included. After each major release, I will just copy/paste anything that is still relevant from the older version post into the new one.

Anyone with a new solution or workaround, please post it in a reply to this topic! The help will be greatly appreciated by anyone experiencing the issue, I’m sure.

Anyone with an issue that needs a solution, please post in the appropriate category and not here.

PAYOUTS: Brave Ads Payout status

For community members still experiencing payout issues after May payouts completed:

Gemini Verified Rewards
Haven't received rewards in the past two months, March and April - #3 by Mattches

Uphold Verified Rewards
I have not received in my Brave Ads Payout to my Verified Uphold wallet - #15 by Mattches

Unverified Rewards (Ignore “Android” reference in title and "Uphold reference in content)
No claim button appeared in one of my browser (Android) - #3 by Mattches

FYI: Unreconciled Ads & Claim Button Payout Amounts

Why everytime only half of my BAT are eligible for transfer - #8 by Mattches

FYI: Rewards Payouts for “Claimed” Rewards:
Getting less BAT since last two months - #5 by Aman_M

Retired (Removed Content/Character Limit)

ISSUE: Device Limit Reached

Context:
How many Brave Rewards wallets can be linked to my crypto custodian account?

This link is for Instructions and a link to the Request form to Unlink a Device:
How to Submit a Wallet Unlinking Request

Detailed Instructions with Screenshots below:
How to Remove Verified Devices (screenshots)

Additional Screenshots:
Form Screenshot (enlarged)
Rewards Internals Screenshot (enlarged)

Thanks to @Herrvader for the all screenshots!

Brave GitHub Issue Report:
Implement solution for linking limits

Update (Linking Limits):
04/20/2022

Comment by Miyayes (Issue Author/Brave-Browser Collaborator)

Thanks to @IanMoone for image!

Update (Linking Limits):
04/13/2022

ISSUE: [ANROID] Verified Uphold Account Disconnected/“Something Went Wrong”

Cannot Connect Brave Rewards with Uphold Account
Workaround

I Found a Solution on Android Phone to Verify Rewards Wallet
Workaround with screenshots.

Other Reasons You May be Receiving this Error

If you have never received a payout to your Uphold account, these are some of the things you can check. Before you start, make sure you are updated to the latest Brave version and the OS of the device you are using is updated to the latest version.

1. Clear history/cache, exit Brave, and reopen. This works for some users.
  2. Does your device pass the SafetyNet check. You will not be able to claim rewards if your device fails the SafetyNet check.
  3. Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Go to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.

Example: Screenshot of a Verified Profile at Uphold
    Can’t verify and authorize the wallet, can’t connect Brave to Uphold - #2 by Impoiler
  4. Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.
  5. Make sure you are in a Brave Supported Country. Supported countries are listed at the bottom of the Transparency page. Note: Only creator contributions are supported in the Philippines.
  6. Make sure you are not in an Uphold Non-Supported Jurisdiction.

Note About Supported Countries/Regions/Jurisdictions
    From time to time supported countries and regions may change. If you are in a non-supported area, you will not be able to verify or reconnect to a custodial account provider. You may have earnings in Brave Rewards but you will not be able to transfer them to a custodial account.

ISSUE: 400 Error w/ Various Google Services
Fixed: Brave version 1.38.109

Retired: Workarounds

Workaround: Disable Enable First Party Ephemeral Storage in brave://flags
Brave shields are blocking Gmail - #6 by Mattches

Update: A fix in the works. Once implemented, change flag back to default.
Update Sources:
Sign in issues and 400 type error - #3 by Mattches
Brave shields are blocking Gmail - #9 by Mattches

Other Workarounds:
Google Docs and Gmail not working...potentially more! - #3 by AllieCat

Google Services/Logins No longer work with Brave - #2 by Mattches

More involved workaround below. Try this if the above workarounds do not work.
Cannot Login/Error 400 posted by @289wk

ISSUE: [ANDROID] Keep losing address bar
Workaround: brave://flags set “Grid Table Tabs” to default or do a flags reset
Workaround Sources:
Keep losing address bar - #32 by cobrax2
Keep losing address bar - #34 by Taomyn
Keep losing address bar - #36 by runswithjedi

[Android] Address bar disappears when New Tab is opened #22671

ISSUE: URL Wrong Redirects / Unusable Page Tabs / Image Issues
Fixed: Brave version 1.38.111

Retired: Workarounds

Workarounds:

• Disable Enable De-AMP at brave://flags

• Disable Auto-redirect AMP pages at brave://settings/shields

Workaround Sources:
Tabs in the loaded page is not working - #8 by highwind85
The website of a newspaper displays a crypto's website instead - #12 by CerealLover
Google Images Issue (Please Help!) - #4 by Mondfarmer
Youtube over the last few days seems troubled - #2 by 289wk

ISSUE: Tab Titles Unreadable for Windows 8.1 Users
No workarounds at this time.
tab text unreadable when using certain themes/colours - follow up to #22027 #22365

ANNOYANCE ISSUES: Issues that create extreme irritation in some (many) users. The issue may be related to a change in functionality or something that, although it may be working as intended, is not working as the user wanted or that is actually broke but does not interfere with Brave functionality in general. Grrrrr issues in other words.

Try This: Community Member Solutions and Workarounds

Overview & Warnings

Please note, many of these are specific solutions to specific issues provided by community members and may not work for everyone. Many others are known fixes and will work for anyone having the issue. Please, just be cautious if you try these and proceed at your own risk especially if you are adjusting system settings and not just Brave Browser settings!

Before you begin, always make sure you are updated to the latest Brave version and always backup the Brave Browser data folder preferably on an external device. You should copy the entire folder. You can restore the backup folder in the same location later if needed. You should also have a current system backup/restore point, especially if you will be changing any system settings or system config settings.

In many cases, these solutions or workarounds have been posted by several different people over time. I just picked up the one I ran across first and tried to use posts with screenshots. No disrespect intended to users who may have posted earlier. Also, if you have a post for this section (even if it is a duplicate) that provides additional information, please feel free to post it here or in a reply to this topic!

Browser Icons and Options and Displays Not Working as Expected

Drop-down menus don’t work - #2 by CerealLover

Maximize button inactive. I can't click on it - #23 by bigwillis234

How can I delete this notification? - #2 by CerealLover

Blank Captcha Display with “Brave ads paused” Solve Captcha Pop-up posted by @ffsdfsdfrewrwerwer

#hardware-media-key-handling no longer found in flags - #3 by NootNoot

Brave "I have a sync code" button is missing - #2 by Mattches

Errors, Messages, & Popups on Websites

Brave BrowserThe Brave browser displays all websites as "Not secure" /"This connection is not private" - #2 by 289wk

Brave BrowserThe Brave browser displays all websites as "Not secure" /"This connection is not private" - #3 by NicolasL

Unable to verify GitHub-hosted Jekyll site because "we were redirected too many times" - #4 by andrewdillonpoetry

Private window with tor never works - #2 by 289wk

Brave update error on Windows (Error Code 3)

Is there a way to stop a website from opening 'Changes you made may not be saved.' dialogue? - #15 by 289wk

Performance Issues Hodgepodge (Testing, Workarounds, & Solutions)

Frequent flickering of the whole brave browser window! - #3 by CerealLover

Black Screen Flickering Fix w/ Hardware Acceleration Enabled posted by @robchio86

Brave Freezes [Debian] since 1.37.111 - #8 by JimB1

Youtube and video players - #3 by CerealLover

Youtube page crashes after one minute of watching: error: out of memory - #2 by fanboynz

Frames Dropped on Youtube with AMD? I finally found the fix

Sluggish Since Last Update with Some Sites Freezing Completely - #2 by CerealLover

Brave is very slow. Hardware Acceleration already turned off - #2 by fanboynz

Brave Browser Wifi Connectivity Issue (Wifi works on alternative browser) - #3 by fanboynz

Screenshots/Screen Captures

How to take part page screen capture - #5 by JimB1

Screenshot extension missing - #2 by Perkins

Not receiving Brave ads fix it fast - #2 by CerealLover

A picture is worth a thousand words...
Microphone Not Detected (win11) posted by @CerealLover
Multiple Screenshots in post

Check Notifications Settings (Brave & OS)
Multiple Screenshots in post

can i create bats backup? - #4 by CerealLover Note: Might consider backing up entire Brave-Browser folder too and not just User Data folder.

Linguage in portuguese - #2 by CerealLover (or any language)

Brave is showing ads even though shield is active - #2 by CerealLover

Questions Answered: “How to…”

Find your Installed Brave Release version
  1. If you are looking just for the installed Brave version, you can go to brave://settings/help.
  2. For more detailed information, enter brave://version in the address bar.
    Lots of useful information is displayed on this page including the current installed Brave version, your OS, your OS profile path, and lots of other useful information!
DM a moderator

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

To send a direct message (DM) to a moderator:

1. Click on their icon in this topic (or on the About page) then click the Message button
    -OR-
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.

For anything related to Ads/Rewards you should include the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (found in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .
Discourse (Brave Community forums host)

Brave Community forums are hosted by Discourse. Discourse provides many topics that can help maneuver around Brave Community.

Brave (Discourse) New User Tips and Tricks
Brave (Discourse) New User Guide

Original Source

Brave Community UI Buttons - Tips posted by @289wk

Questions Answered: Brave rewards account is flagged - #6 by Mattches

Questions Answered: What about those Ads!?
Brave Ads FAQ

Why don’t I see any Brave Ads after enabling them?

Regional Catalog Viewer

Catalog Viewer Plus Explained

Unusual activity in active campaigns in my region - #2 by Saoiray

Unusual activity in active campaigns in my region - #3 by Saoiray

Older post, related, with other useful info from @Saoiray.
Not earning rewards for ads

Discussion Topic: https://community.brave.com/t/what-determines-the-number-of-ads-per-hour/382825

Selected Topics: Brave Help Center “How do I…”
There are over 50 “How do I…” documents in Brave Help Center. The link below is a search page using the “How do I” keywords. Specific documents from the search are linked in “How do I…” below.

“How do I…” Search Results (Brave Help Center)

"How do I..."

Use Shields while Browsing

Change my Privacy Settings

Block Additional Page Elements

Change Site Permissions

Manage Cookies

Clear Cookies and Site Data

Reset Brave Settings to Default

Delete my Data in Brave

Customize Top Sites on the New Tab Page

Tip Websites and Content Creators in Brave Rewards

Selected Topics: Brave GitHub

Overview for Finding Projects & Issues on GitHub (moved content/char limit reached)

GitHub Changelogs (Release Notes)

Links to current Brave version changelogs for desktop and android.

Desktop Changelog: GitHub Changelog Desktop
Android Changelog: GitHub Changelog Android

@289wk Posted a topic with additional detail about other sources of information at GitHub including release notes for iOS devices. Please reference this topic for more details: https://community.brave.com/t/need-the-following-information/346020/2

In the Works: Selected GitHub Issues/Projects

Please note, if the project is planned for release (or already released) for a particular version when posting in the User Solutions topic , it will be indicated in the parenthesis at the end of the link. This will not be maintained. If you want to view the current status, you will have to go to Brave GitHub (click the link) to view current information.

[Android] Address bar disappears when New Tab is opened #22671

Users are not rewarded BAT when viewing Brave News ads on Android #22470

[Android] Include option for users to hide privacy stats from the NTP #22921

Allow values to be set lower than current base fee #22648

UI does not scale correctly on Surface devices when keyboard is detached (tablet mode) #22901

Sync security improvements: Delete account #22884

Update “pending” text inside Rewards panel (“Please complete identity verification in order to start receiving Rewards #21936”) (Beta 1.39.x)

These two are related:
The UI should allow for advanced customization #774
Desktop browser doesn’t have basic UI scaling #22716

Fixed/Implemented Brave GitHub Issue Reports:

Tab mute no longer working in conventional way #22081
Fixed: Brave Release 1.38.119

# Some users are not served ads due to failure to initialize Brave Ads when migrating to database schema 21 #22540
Fixed: Brave Release 1.38.119

[Android] Add Gemini user wallet support #17408
Implemented: Brave Release 1.38.109

Notice This?
Various notices posted by Brave support

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

NOTICE: New region restrictions on Uphold (very important info for users in Hawaii)

Changes to Brave Ads Regional Availability

Wallet Connections are Temporarily Blocked in Turkey

Claim Buttons for Verified Rewards with Gemini

Brave Complies With Apple iOS Guidelines, Will Continue to Innovate for Users and Creators They Support

Brave Referral Program Changes

Topic User Solutions: Brave Release 1.38.x is a wiki post. Anyone with Trust Level 1 (TL1) can edit the topic. The Basic Badge is TL1. If you have this badge, you can edit this topic. Please, if you are not comfortable editing the topic, just post a reply with suggestions and/or solutions and someone will add it!

Character Limit

There is a character limit for Topics. If while editing you reach the limit, just remove information as needed and repost it in a new post. At the end of the section where the content was removed insert a link to the new post.

Wiki Topic: Additional Information per Discourse Trust Levels and Editing

An example of the Basic badge is below. If you have this badge, it will be displayed in your Profile under Badges. If you click your icon, your trust level (badge label) is usually displayed at the bottom in the row of badge labels. You can click on the label to go to the badge.

Discourse article per trust levels:
Understanding Discourse (Brave Community) Trust Levels

Edit Conflicts
An “edit conflict” notice will pop up if someone else is editing the post at the same time. You could potentially overwrite the other persons edit (or they could overwrite yours) if you save your edit during an “edit conflict” scenario. Instead of saving your edit, just cancel the edit and save it as a Draft and post it later when there is no conflict. Just make sure any new edits are displayed in the preview pane of your Draft when you pull it back up.

If new edits are not showing in your draft. Copy the information saved in your draft post, discard the draft, and click to edit the post again. Then paste the information you copied into the new edit.

Editing Plugin
There is a plugin that allows shared editing but I do not know if it is available for Brave wiki posts. Just to be on the safe side, don’t post your edit until the conflict is resolved (no one else is editing topic, just you). Apparently there is a “tell” that indicates if the plugin is enabled or not. I will try to find out more and let you know.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-shared-edits/167583

Selected Topics: Brave Help Center FAQs

FAQ

Brave Ads FAQ

Brave Rewards FAQ

Brave Search FAQ

Android FAQ

Sync FAQ

Brave Wallet FAQ

Brave Creator FAQ

Selected Topics: Topics from Community Help Center and Resources Category

Category: Community Resources
Topics: Support Templates, Create Profile, and Screenshot/Recording Tools.

Topics

Support Templates Reference

Create a new profile to help Troubleshoot

Useful Screenshot and Screen Recording tools to capture on-screen behavior

Category: Release Notes
About: Changelog for Updates to Brave Browser

Category: Help Center
About: Relevant support links to common questions answered in Brave’s Help Center.

Many of the support links in this category are reposted in this topic, User Solutions, at various places. You should go check them out at the Community Help Center category. Posts are much cleaner looking and easier to find!

Public Service Announcement: User FAQ

PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

Additional Information

A topic by a community member (@Saoiray) pinned in the Rewards Support category. Consolidates much of the information from various other information sources in one place. Pulls information from sites like the Help Center, Brave GitHub, Reddit (BATProject & Brave_Browser), and pinned topics in Community Categories, and even Search results.

Search is a great tool to locate previous topics (and solutions) related to a particular issue. Use it before you post! This community is more of a DYOR (do your own research) community than anything. You can post a one-liner topic or just “Help me!” but you are unlikely to get a response either from a community member or support staff. Ditto for “me too” replies in posted topics.

In conclusion, the PSA: FAQ topic can help you troubleshoot issues you may have before posting a topic. Several of the solutions in this post are already addressed in the PSA: FAQ topic too. Highly recommend you browse that topic just as a general information resource and definitely look it over before you post to see if it addresses your specific issue.

Additional PSA Topics

All topics created by @Saoiray

Psa: updates from brave call

PSA: Self-Tipping
Must read if you are thinking about self-tipping (Don’t do it!).

PSA: Want to know more about Brave? BAT Brigade!

PSA: Friendly Reminder For People Having Issues with Rewards/Ads
Incorporated into PSA: User FAQ but is still informative.

Old PSA, what to do if no payment yet
Incorporated into PSA: User FAQ but still useful.

Content Removed from Main Topic Post (Character Limit and/or Obsolete Content)

ISSUE: Tab Titles Unreadable

Retired Content (Issue Report for Win 10 & 11 Fixed & Closed)

Fixed: Release Channel 1.37.114

• Fixed unreadable tab names when using certain accent colors on Windows. (#22027)

Titles of Tabs unreadable in new update - #30 by Utidiysyisitdixoxohd

Retired Content (Workaround for Tab Titles Unreadable)

Text in tab bar in Windows is sometimes unreadable depending on brave colors and windows accent color- Titles of Tabs Unreadable

A Brave GitHub issue report has been posted. Hopefully Brave is working on this issue and a fix will be out soon! Link- https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/22027

ISSUE: [ANROID] Verified Uphold Account Disconnected/“Something Went Wrong”

Retired Content (Char Limit/Obsolete): Verified Uphold Account Disconnected/Cannot Reconnect Workarounds

ISSUE: Verified Uphold Account Disconnected/Cannot Reconnect
Closed: 06/08/22 Auto-corrected/No longer reproducible

Workarounds:
[Andoid] Cannot Connect Brave Rewards with Uphold Account
Support Staff Workaround

I Found a Solution on Android Phone to Verify Rewards Wallet (@jjoeshua post)
Workaround with screenshots.

I cannot link my Uphold account to Brave - Android - #3 by utopian
Alternative workaround without uninstalling Uphold app

Update (Brave Community Post): 05/25/22 Can’t Connect Uphold Account to Rewards

Apparently, this issue is fixed in Brave Nightly, so in the next versions of Brave on Android, it should allow you to verify even if you have the Uphold app installed.

Retired Content

Recent Workaround: Different from those previously posted. Looks like maybe an Uphold fix? Will update if I find out anything else.

Update: This was the only instance of this workaround that I could find. Retiring this workaround since it appears it is not widely known or used. If this workaround becomes active, I will open it back up as an alternative.

I can't get my wallet verified on my mobile - #8 by Herki

ISSUE: Ads Payout Status

Retired: Community Support Posts

Gemini Verified Rewards
Haven't received rewards in the past two months, March and April - #3 by Mattches

Uphold Verified Rewards
I have not received in my Brave Ads Payout to my Verified Uphold wallet - #15 by Mattches

Unverified Rewards (Ignore “Android” reference in title and "Uphold reference in content)
No claim button appeared in one of my browser (Android) - #3 by Mattches

Retired: Receiving Less BAT than Earned (April 2022 Payout)

Although some users are still experiencing issues, the majority of users did receive April payouts. Support staff are still addressing April payout issues on a case-by-case basis. For now, wait until May processing is complete (red dot on Ads Payout status), then resubmit your original DM with an update. If you do not have an open DM in the queue, then create a DM to the moderators and include your wallet payment id. Never post your wallet id.

Please, after you DM support staff, do not continually tag/DM them asking for an update. That just slows down the process. Wait at least a week before you resend your DM again asking for an update. This also applies to any support topics you may have created.

Update: 04/29/2022
NOTICE: Users verified with Uphold who have not received payment - #52 by Mattches
Update: 04/25/2022
April 2022 Ads Payout Issues Update - #94 by Mattches (Gemini)

Retired Content (04/25/2022 Uphold Update)

Update: 04/25/2022

NOTICE: Users verified with Uphold who have not received payment (Uphold)

Retired Content (Notice of Issues; Issues Identified; Status Updates)

Update: 04/22/2022 Issue Identified (@steeven post)

UPDATE: Still an issue for some users (Gemini & Unverified Users mostly).

April Payout not Received! - #2 by Mattches

Update: reddit post recapping issues and update on current status
Thanks to @nawaab for posting link for the Brave Community!

https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/u7e8rz/april_2022_ads_payout_issues_update/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Set Aside until Further Notice

For Uphold users who still have payout issues:
Error in claiming April 2022 Payout - And nothing after that - #7 by steeven

Please, after you DM support staff with the information requested, do not continually tag/DM them asking for an update. That just slows down the process. Wait at least a week before you tag them in a post (or DM them again) asking for an update.

• Reprocessing Update
  • Bug Notices & Payments Reprocessing with 1.37.114 release

ISSUE: Device Limit Reached

Additional Information

Device limits will be removed in a future release. Anticipated release date is April/May but that is not confirmed. Until that time, use the “Wallet Unlinking Request” post to unlink one device. Your unlinking request is placed in a queue and Brave staff work on requests in the order received. It may take several days, weeks, or even months for your request to be fulfilled. You will receive an email notification when it is.

From previous posts, it appears the most frequent reason that a request is not fulfilled is because the form was filled out incorrectly. Just make sure you submit the form correctly the first time. If unsure about an entry, ask for clarification via a community post. Hopefully, someone will respond.

Below is a link to a recent post with a screenshot of an email from Brave support per incorrect information submitted. It looks like they do provide instructions on locating the correct information (although it is not displayed) so that’s helpful! Also, the email has an April release date for removing linking limits completely. I hope that one isn’t delayed.
Error: Device limit reached - only 3 devices - #13 by ImGodsPlan

Retired Content: Obsolete (Link Limit Reached/Remove Linked Devices Process)

This link is for Instructions and a link to the Request form to Unlink a Device:
How to Submit a Wallet Unlinking Request

Detailed Instructions with Screenshots below:
How to Remove Verified Devices (screenshots)

Thanks to @Herrvader for the all screenshots!

Context:
How many Brave Rewards wallets can be linked to my crypto custodian account?

Implement solution for linking limits #18572

Updates Copied from Linking Limits Issue Report

04/20/2022

Thanks to @IanMoone for image!

04/13/2022

Retired Content (Removed Content/Character Limit): Linking Limits

Questions Answered: “How to…”

Add History to Sidebar

Add history to sidebar - #2 by Mattches

Change Settings to Open Browser to a Blank Page

Change Settings to Open Browser to a Blank Page
brave://settings/getStarted

Customize New Tab Page Images

By default there are some images (currently 15) other than NTP Ads that display in rotation on opening a NTP. Instead of rotating through background images, you can upload your own image to use as the default background on a NTP. Examples and instructions are available at this Brave GitHub issue report: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/19640

Solid colours and Gradients for the NTP are still in the works. You can track the status of the issue here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15252

Delete a Topic or Post

You can delete a topic you created. Once deleted, it will close the topic. No one (except admins) can post a reply to a topic once it is closed.

How to delete your topic:

1. Click image on the options at the bottom of your post.
  2. Click the trashcan image to delete your post.
Undo Tab Close (Android)

No way to undo tab close on Android - #2 by Mattches

Sync Devices

Sync (link to Help Center articles on Sync)

Create a Topic in a Category or Subcategory

Every detail you can provide about your issue helps Brave Support. The more detail you provide the less time support staff have to spend requesting additional information which in turn gives them more time to consider your issue and situation!

Brave Support prefers you use their Report Templates (see below). You are more likely to receive help from both community members and support staff if you submit a detailed support request using one of the templates.

Support Templates Reference
Support Templates Reference - #3 by Mattches

• Bug Reporting Template - Desktop
  • Bug Reporting Template - Mobile (Android / iOS)
  • Bug Reporting Template - Web Compatibility (web pages and sites experience)
  • Brave Rewards/Ads Template (for Ads / BAT / Creators / Payments / Rewards / Wallets)
Create Topic Instructions
  1. At community.brave.com main page, select (click) the category or subcategory related to your support request. Categories with their related subcategories are displayed on the left hand side of the page. If you hover over a category (or subcategory), a short description of the category will display.
  2. Read the “About Category” topic if one is pinned. Not all Categories/Subcategories have a pinned “About” topic but if it does, you should read it. Also, do a Search of the category to see if you can find topics with solutions related to your issue.
  3. Click the +New Topic button displayed in the top right of the page in the category your selected to start creating your topic (post).
  4. The editor opens once + New Topic is clicked.

Depending on the category selected, there may be instructions and a template displayed in the right side pane which will be automatically copied over to the left side pane. If there is, follow the instructions first.
Example of editor without instructions/template

Editor display without instructions/template:

Example of editor with instructions/template

Editor display with instructions/template:

1. Create your post in the left side pane. Once you start typing, a preview of your text will display in the right side pane.
Step-by-Step
  • Enter the topic title
  • Select optional tags. Note: In some categories you must select the OS tag(s) related to your issue or your topic will not be created.
  • If a template is not provided, describe the purpose of your post in as much detail as possible. Don’t assume anything!
  • If a template is provided, provide the requested information.
  • Additional Information (very helpful to supply if applicable)
    > What extensions have you added to Brave Browser? Their status (Enabled / Disabled)?
    > What Progressive Web Applications (“PWA”) are you using? Their status?
    > Do you usually open a “New Window” or a “New Private Window” when you browse and visit websites?
    > Are you using a VPN? (Is already a question in some templates, but not all)
    > What custodial account are you verified with (Gemini or Uphold)?
  1. Once completed entering the information about your issue, just click the + Create Topic button to create your post!
Related Help Center Topic(s)

How do I submit a bug report?

Original Source

How to create a Bug Report posted by @289wk

Note: @289wk provided instructions per creating a topic from the main page of community.brave.com. You can do this, especially if you are an experienced user and any instructions/templates related to the category will still be available.

The instructions I provided have the user enter the category to create a topic. I think it is more beneficial for new users to actually enter the category/subcategory so they will have access to pinned topics and issue specific topics if they decide to do a search of topics. New users can do this from the main page, but I think it is more confusing to a new user to do. Please provide feedback. We can always do an edit! :grin:

I am constantly copying information from this topic to posts I make in other topics. I basically leave this topic open as a resource. Saves soooo much time not only typing but using search as well. Are other community members doing the same? Are you using this as a resource to help other community members? Just curious if this is helping others as much as it is helping me! lol

Do You Use this Topic to Copy Information to Post in Other Topics?

• Yes
  • No
  • Have never seen this before

0 voters

This and That:

Nice looking graphs for those who like visuals. :smiley:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/uheo1c/april_2022_brave_daumaubat_purchases_graphed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/ug2c4l/some_good_news/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Quote from above link:

With the markets drowning in red I figured we could use a little bit of good news. The number of active ad campaigns on Brave just had their biggest jump in over 4 months.

05/24/2022 Brave Release version 1.39.111 released.

Release Notes: Release Channel 1.39.111

A new topic has been created: User Solutions: Brave Release 1.39.x

Please place any new comments, suggestions, workarounds, solutions, etc. you may find and want to add in that topic. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this topic!

2 Likes

hey Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too.
Thanks in advance. Regards,

@hanumanx Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face: No idea what you are referencing. lol If you need general help, there are some useful links in this topic:

User Solutions Removed Content: Help Center; PSA; "How to"

Your best bet would be to select a Brave Community category that best fits your problem and create a topic in that category. Make sure you follow any instructions and provide the information requested in the template displayed in the editor when you create a topic. Hope this helps! Take care.

Main Brave Community Categories for Requesting Help with a Problem:

Browser Support

Get support for the latest version of Brave Browser. Please read topic Guidelines before posting.

Brave Rewards

Request support or report issues with Brave Rewards.

Brave Wallet (Self Custody)

Use this category to provide feedback and report bugs surrounding our new Crypto Wallets browser feature.

Brave Search (Beta)

Use this category to request support or leave feedback for Brave Search.