OS Architecture: x64 
OS Platform: Linux 
Node.js: 7.9.0 
Brave Sync: v1.4.2 
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.119

What am I doing wrong?

User agent. Return

Hi @Eta,
It’s expected because Brave whitelist DDG for Brave UA (same with Adobe and Netflix). See https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/10020

If you do same search on Google Search, it’s not show Brave Chrome on the UA. Other sites also will think you’re using Chrome not Brave similar to Google Search result.

omg… a whitelist. Is there any way to disable it? :confused:

@Eta unfortunately at this point of time there is no way to disable it. Its only whitelisted for a handful of websites. For reference https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/pull/10620/files

I don’t like the idea of having a whitelist for this at all. :expressionless:
So I guess it’s not possible to remove “Linux” from my spoofed user agent either.
I like a lot this browser but I guess it’s not for me…
Thanks! :hugs:

Searching to identify you IP, many website will display your user agent anyway no matter which browser you use, so why is it a huge concern?

I understand that you don’t like browser leaks like most of us but that fact that Linux has an ever expanding user base should comfort you that you can’t technically be identified just because you’re using Linux. Can it?

Yeah, I know there’s a lot of ways to identify me. IPv6, Mac Address, TCP/IP OS Fingerprinting, etc… But that’s not why I’ll stop obfuscating as much as I can.
That said, I don’t really care about marketshare, so I prefer a common user agent.
Maybe I’m a little paranoid, but I don’t like the way this has turned out.

@Eta There are a few issue relating to User Agent strings that are logged. You might want to have a look at them and give a +1 for which ever agrees to your need

The first issue looks like exactly the opposite of what I’m looking for. :thinking:
I don’t own a github account. Is there some way to give a +1 to the second issue from here? Should I create another thread?

@Eta I can add a +1 on your behalf. Do bookmark the issue so that you can regularly check the progress. Will be closing the thread now. Do open a new thread if you face any other issues.