Use good features from other browsers: e.g.: reading list and draw from Edge; CTRL AND/OR Shift to select tabs; bookmark multiple tabs at once; and change the order of bookmarks

Use good features from other browsers: e.g.:

• reading list and draw from Edge;
  • CTRL AND/OR Shift to select tabs;
  • bookmark multiple tabs at once; and
  • change the order of bookmarks (which is particularly important when you want to save a bookmark to frequently used bookmark folders).

C. A listing of:
i. Operating System and version Windows 10 v. 1703 x64.
ii. Brave Version: 0.16.9
D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue: user experience from use on other browsers. (I’ve used Edge, Avira [Chromium], and Chrome. That is my order of preference. I’ve only used Brave for about 7 hours: it seems good but it was slow when I had a lot of tabs open, which can occur on other browsers as well.)

1. Reading list is this similar to what Pocket does?
  2. Grouping of tabs is tracked here https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/5124
    3 & 4. Should be handled by https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/9312

1. I haven’t really bothered to use Pocket. At the moment I am just using a bookmark folder called “read”, and another one called “reread”. Don’t forget about the drawing tool on Edge, check it out to see what I mean. Here’s a demo:

Draw on Edge small

1. I don’t know if 5124 is doing what I want—which is to select multiple tabs at the same time, and then close them.

Request added for multi-selecting tabs here

@sriram, I just installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS and Brave I can’t create a new topic on this site on the Brave browser and on Mozilla.

Brave 0.18.23

I will log them on Github instead.

It seems that I can’t lodge a new topic on Windows as well.

Brave 0.18.23
rev 36ae2ec
Muon 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.90
V8 6.0.286.52
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.15063
OS Architecture x64

@sriram, I am going to use another browser as it keeps crashing (with lots of tabs open) and doesn’t load the tabs automatically (again with lots of tabs open from before) when closing and opening Brave. Can you let me know when most bugs and performance issues are fixed with Brave so that I can try using it again?

@JamesRay The new 0.18.x release has fixes for crash and tab switch issues. Could you give that a try once and see if the issues are resolved?

I’m pretty sure I was using the latest version today at work, but I will double-check on Monday when I go back in.

Unfortunately the issue still occurs on my home computer. I will post an issue on Github.

However, that is less of an issue than all other tabs not responding when I try to open them, needing to close and reopen to be able to open the tabs, which occurred several times today at work (with about ten tabs open).

Is multiple selection of bookmarks and bookmark folders available (aside from sorting)? I still can’t find a way to accomplish this. Thanks

You can multi select bookmarks but not bookmarks folder. You need to hold down the Ctrl Key and select bookmarks and it works. Just doesn’t work for folders

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.