Use current pages doesn't seem to work

**Description of the issue:**Evidently I had selected “use current page” with a page from a website (medium dot com) open in the first of two tabs that I use for yahoo mail, so every time I launch Brave it opens with that article from medium dot com instead of the preferred yahoo mail address.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
1st tab address: preferred web address from desired address: inbox at mail dot yahoo.com
2nd tab address: preferred additional web address from desired 1st tab address (different folder)
3rd tab address: weather…
4th tab address: and so on

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
1st tab address: unwanted web address from webpage opened from inbox at mail dot yahoo.com e.g. medium…
2nd tab address: preferred additional web address from desired 1st tab address (different folder on mail…)
3rd tab address: weather…
4th tab address: and so on

Expected result: after loading the desired address (mail dot yahoo.com) into the first tab, then using Settings> Use current pages, then closing Brave and launching it I expect to see the first two tabs loaded with respective folders from mail…

**Reproduces how often:**every time I’ve tried to fix it

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):**Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS; Brave Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Additional Information:

Hello @dav1d

not sure if i got you but if you go to brave://settings/ then used Open a specific page or set of pages and select use current pages it will select all pages/tabs you currently opened you can click on the 3 vertical dot next any one you do not like to remove

for yahoo

i do not have yahoo account but you have to check the url for the tab with the inbox is the same as the tab from the different folder then brave would not be able to set 2 pages for that the point that there should be 2 different link

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello,

When I delete the URL of the unwanted page in the first of several tabs in Brave and replace it with the URL of the page wanted, then go to Settings I see the wanted page in it’s respective order, at the top of the list, and click on ‘use current pages’ nothing happens. There is no indication that those pages have been preserved as the ones I want to see when opening brave. When I close Brave and launch it again, the unwanted page persists. Very annoying!

Thanks

David Walden

can you open only the wanted page and go to the setting and remove all pages then use current page again and see if it save the right pages or not

1 Like

Thanks. That worked.

1 Like

you welcome @dav1d :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.