URL Bar Cut and Paste Not Working

Environment:
Debian 10 Bullseye, Gnome 3.36.4

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Cannot paste from a clipboard copy of the URL bar
  2. Steps to reproduce: Select copy in URL bar in Brave by any method, ctrl-c, right-click-copy. Try to paste in any other application by any other method
  3. Paste fails (no text or any action)

Expected result:
Clipboard is pasted into application

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105

Additional Information:

Hi @andyjh122, thanks for reaching out!
Can you try creating a new test profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

Also can you test this with another browser?

Thank you Aa-ron!

Firefox does not have this problem
and
Creating a new test profile as you suggested does not fix the problem.

Hope that helps!
Andrew

@andyjh122,
Thanks for letting us know. That means it’s not a problem with Brave but more likely a problem with your machine/OS. Or it could be a hardware problem - maybe your keyboard is not registering the ctrl-c / v, you could try updating the keyboard drivers.

Thanks! No certainly not a hardware problem, i can cut and paste in every other app with the exception of Brave. Yes possibly an OS issue, but if that was the case, Firefox wouldn’t work.

Also I can copy and paste in the content section of Brave, just not the URL bar, so that leads me to think it is an issue with the Brave software.

I can also copy and paste code from the Developer tools html output.

Additionally, right clicking and selecting copy from Brave URL, then going to gedit and right clicking and selecting paste, also fails.

My guess is it’s some malfunction with Brave shield that is preventing the OS from grabbing the URL text.

Is there some raw output I can look at to see what’s happening under the hood? Maybe a Linux logfile somewhere?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.