Uphold - The Worst Company Ever

I applied for my kyc verification on uphold , after 2 weeks passed they didn’t gave a single reply,
only bots in live chat saying “due to pandemic we will enable live chat soon”,
No reply on emails
Raised ticket are also useless
One day i tagged @askuphold twitter account they replied after 2 days asking for my ticket id , I gave them my ticket id, then they replied we are sorry but you seems like a criminal and using our service for money laundering so we cannot offer you an account , our automated system aren’t perfect so sometimes we have to take these decision ,you can visit FAQs for any other ques.
I gave my all documents for verification correctly. I asked them to tell me the specific reason disabling my account they gave no response.
I don’t have passport that’s why I am unable to sign-up on Gemini.
I request to please provide a convenient method for brave rewards.

4 Likes

Apart from the passport, is Gemini better?

2 Likes

100 times better trust my words in every aspect they are better faster services than uphold

3 Likes

Use your PAN card best method to do international kyc.

3 Likes

How can i use PAN They are asking for Passport in the first step?

1 Like

uphold is worst for me check the screenshot attached

1 Like

Same issue is with me. First my account was verified and now after 5 months they are saying that they can’t offer me account.
And binance would be nice option for brave if they use it as option rather than uphold. Hope @steeven or @Mattches can do something about our issue.

1 Like

“Due to the pandemic” is the most BS excuse I’ve ever heard, especially for tech and customer support. There’s literally no reason it would affect it whatsoever.

4 Likes

but they process their kyc much faster than [worst] company uphold

I am also in favour of non-kyc / document means for BAT rewards

I think they don’t intend to do it but there are many wrong elements online who use the service unlawfully :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:so they try to be vigilant at least.

1 Like

Screenshot of Gemini reply for KYC verification.

1 Like

They can send the BAT rewards to a private walllet adress that we decide. Keep in mind though, that exchange services cant be available without kyc due to money laundering laws.

but they should atleast tell me specific reason to not offer me an account ?

have you ever read kyc requirements of Gemini they ask Passport in the first place , I don’t know but its their on their website.
I am not verified by Gemini , I tried to verify without passport in just 5 mins to replied my query so I can conclude they provide seamless support
On the uphold side see the screenshot, they always reply with this on their support

I decided to sign up for Gemini this morning, and they verified my account after 10 minutes. I uploaded a photo of my passport. I don’t think they verify your account if you don’t have a passport.

but their service is fast or not?

There isn’t any justifiable reason for Brave requiring an Uphold wallet for BAT rewards. It’s an incredibly unnecessary layer of complexity. Brave could simply distribute the rewards to a private Ethereum wallet address and run their own KYC service or outsource it to one many KYC services. Requiring KYC seems to defeat the purpose of a privacy focused browser that deals with cryptocurrency, but I digress.

1 Like

exactly, the kyc / verification defeats the sole purpose of cryptocurrency rewards (BAT),that is anonymity

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)