Uphold Region not supported

Briefly describe your issue:
I moved to the UK 6 month ago before that i was using uphold and was able to recive BAT in the account after couple of weeks it started saying region not supported i Changed the address on uphold as well as brave to UK (3 month ago) but still its saying region not supported
I contacted Uphold and they said to contact brave
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10- Brave V 1.47>186
Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
1 year ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
Yes

Could you check out PSA: Current FAQ - #15 by Saoiray and advise afterwards? Just need to know if any applies to you, such as origin of your passport. Guessing since you talked about changing address, it’s your issue

Yes I did check the other post,
But my uphold is linked with my UK documents

I’m assuming you’re confirming, but because people have used terminology this way, I like to make sure we’re being very specific. For example, I had someone say they verified with “documents” from their country, but then as helping, they said “oh, I used a passport from a different country.”

Also, what specific country is your passport from? Asking as if it might be from Ireland or something, might explain things a bit as well as I know someone had issues before. The difficulty being Ireland is both part of UK but yet not part of the UK, lol. Same issue

Other issue would be those who were from Gibraltar, which is a territory of UK but not actually UK itself. There was a bit of a conversation on that before at Not supported country? 🤔.

My passport is from India
I am not sure if that is causing the problem
so to make sure
Earlier when i was using uphold it was verified with my indian passport later when i moved to UK i uploaded BRP and changed the address of my uphold account.
Let me know if the passport is the problem
Thanks
Edit: now in my uphold account it is showing my UK address and it didn’t let me change the country till I uploaded the BRP

I’m in South Africa and the brave browser says region not supported but South Africa is among the list of countries supported by Uphold and I’m not using the VPN at all, what could be the cause of this?

Yes, probably is the issue. Brave doesn’t see your full address and everything. What gets reported is the origin of your passport. So while you verified address with Uphold, that doesn’t get communicated to Brave. All they would see is your India passport and have you set as if your region is India.

1 Like

I see
Is there anything i could do?
Thanks mate

I would love to know the reply as I’m French living in the UK, and the have the region error since I have replaced my mobile. All fine on laptop and old phone, but I can’t connect to uphold with my new phone.

Just would have to contact Uphold and get them to update your passport if you can get one for your current country. I think BRP is accepted, but I’m not 100% sure. So if you submitted, might want to ask them about getting that updated on the API so Brave sees you in UK instead of India.

@MikaGeo You’re trying to connect to Uphold? Passport is from France?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.