Uphold, Brave Walllet

hi, is selfie verification mandatory when sending the crypto coins I earn from Brave to another exchange from the uphold account?

second question is, when will Brave stop this nonsense and allow us to withdraw the earned coins directly to Brave wallet?

Yes. This is a new feature in Uphold to prevent fraud.

Brave cannot allow withdraw directly to the Brave wallet due to regulations. KYC is compulsory, and at the moment the solution is using a custodial wallet to achieve it. It may seem non-sense, but Brave is an American company under US law.

I’m against sending selfies, so I’m sorry I won’t be able to use the brave rewards. I think the national ID number will be enough for verification and security. In addition, even if Brave does not directly request personal information, I think that it is against Brave’s understanding of confidentiality that it is mandatory to provide so much personal information as a result of using a feature of Brave.

Sharing your id and selfie is required to see that you are the one who holds the ID. There were a lot of cases where people from other nations used to open accounts from their national id and seel those to people in unsupported region so unsupported nationals can connect. So therefore to stop this from happening they had to implement this.

1 Like

i understand your feelings being against selfies, back in the days i had the same reservations, except that i understood a fatwa that imagemaking is firstly to catch criminals, ofcourse that didn’t change my view, like yours, but eventually i came to know that every sane and full grown human is responsible for whatever he does and says, this means that we are all first and foremost guilty, no one is free from blame, because that would mean that we don’t need to change, or even learn or whatever. So directly when one has become mature, he or she is responsible, if sane ofcourse, as for below maturity, that is different, no responsibility for them if you know what i mean… :slight_smile:

Because of identity theft, this is not the case. It can be easy to get someone’s ID and/or information and submit it. The selfie is the extra layer to try to show you are who you say that you are. While this aspect may not completely be a legal requirement, it is them incorporating new standards to try to prevent fraud.

Umm, this is a tricky question to answer.

• If you’re asking about when you’ll be able to receive directly to Wallet without KYC/AML, it’s never going to happen.

• If you’re asking when Brave will KYC/AML themselves instead of requiring a partner, then the answer is it will be a long time. It may actually never happen. Regulations make this tricky, as are the steps Brave would need to take in order to do it. The company just isn’t big enough to even consider this step yet.

• If you’re just referring to the idea of having Rewards integrated with Wallet, it’s happening this year. However, you’ll still be required to use a custodial partner like Uphold or Gemini.

It isn’t Brave requiring all of this. It’s the governments that are requiring all of this action. If you did not yet see my article on it, you may want to check out PSA: Current FAQ - #27 by Saoiray

“full grown human is responsible for whatever he does and says, this means that we are all first and foremost guilty, no one is free from blame, because that would mean that we don’t need to change, or even learn or whatever.”

I have to disagree with your statement for the following reasons.

1. I am a sane and full grown person and I know I have nothing to be guilty for but I still object to sending a photo for those reasons stated as it assumes that I am guilty of something.
  2. US law If I remember correctly states “innocent until proven guilty” yet this is assuming guilt from the git go shouldn’t it be the other way around?
  3. Through data breech or some other methodology how can we ensure that those photos will not be used for illegal activities?
  4. Now that it is assumed that there is guilt from the other side of the fence as per 3) It’s not a good feeling is it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.