Uphold account blocked

Good day! Apologies as I also have the same issues with others and the most accurate I have found in our community is this:

As what Marcoo shared, I too received an email that my account was blocked. I haven’t even completely verified my account since I they are still in the process of verifying the ID/selfie sent to them then they’re just sending me this email:

We’re sorry to tell you that after further review we can no longer offer you an account. Unfortunately, we’re not comfortable with the risk profile involved.

This is not something we like to do and understand you may be frustrated. We’re a regulated business, and have to make difficult - and not always perfect - decisions like this to keep our community safe.

I’m unable to understand as I have used the same ID on all my online applications and it’s the first time it didn’t go through. I have been trying to verify account since my Brave use around Feb this year. Also checking Brave support I can see that there’s no other way for withdrawing rewards but via Uphold so I guess i’m stuck until Uphold reverses the decision or until such time Brave adds another option to withdraw.

Thank you and looking forward for any resolution. Cheers!

3 Likes

I have the same thing, gemini does not support my country, and uphold simply blocks without explanation. This question has already been asked more than once. But here no one answers it. My country was also disconnected from the referral system. I will boycott brave. I have already removed this browser from my computer and phone. And I tell all my friends that this browser is bad.

2 Likes

I’m using Brave for this reason (to earn passively) but if there are no other options, you’re correct that users may look somewhere else. Uphold giving a hard time to users and Brave have to step up especially if this has been asked a lot of times and has not been resolved yet. Uphold’s giving Brave a bad rep, and again I just registered another wallet earlier and the same ID i’ve been using was accepted, account was approved without any issues. To this day I still haven’t received a response from Uphold.

2 Likes

Hello,
I have same issues uphold closed, Gemini is not supported in my country.
I think this is only issues of BAT transfer, I think Brave concern authorities are observing these activities. I also just start to earn nominal BAT and still want to go final up to receiving money up to my countries wallet. Up to them, Support them, please/suggest them to create smooth withdrawal platform, I see uphold might also be good, but they don’t chance re-verification methods our previous account.

So, Anyway we suggest brave itself manage our BAT up to our country for passive income. So it reduces our worries. Then for trading of BAT, We may withdraw any platform such as coinbase etc.

Anyway, I have still hope of ray up to receiving money as we earn.
Thank You

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes I still have hope on all these. I have been trying to verify myself with Uphold since March imagine that. Also the sync issues of Brave is another thing, really annoying but I still haven’t replaced it with another browser as I know it’d be resolved so the passive income process will be resolved too, hopefully. Just letting all ads show themselves every day!

1 Like

same problem. Even they blocked my verified uphold account there I completed more then 100 translations. I trying to create with my mom’s NID (ID) card but result same. after i contract with support team we make more then 40+ mail together but result they can’t. Then i record screen video without Editing and submit them, there i didn’t any mistake that a reason for Incomplete this process and i proved there everything is good but result Zero again . I also received same email from them they’re reviewed my account and they can’t help us…
now my request to brave that Please Add a option there we can connect any BAT wallet address Like coinbase BAT address (ERC-20) or other trade site address like binance.
IF BRAVE believed #WE_ARE_NOT_A_PRODUCT
@Asad

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I really liked the last line of your statement! Yeah I believe Brave’s doing everything they can, they might even be working on an option without us knowing but hopefully it’d materialize soon. I’d agree though if Binance or any other wallet can be added (they even add Binance whenever you open a new tab, screenshot attached)

I’m sorry to hear about your issue and it’s no better than others including mine because you’re already verified with them, made dozens of transactions yet they still block you. I don’t understand Uphold, they even only send us generic email without further explanation. We must make more noise so Brave and Uphold can both work together and resolve this as soon as they can without any compromises.

3 Likes

they closed my verified account is ok. But why they can’t verifying my mom’s account idk. when they added veriff.com for verification process then this problem started.
My account verified in November 2019!
now blocked. And new account can’t verifying and i’m waiting about 2 months :disappointed_relieved: still my BAT waiting in my Browser wallet and publisher account . I believed this problem would solve one day

3 Likes

We don’t really know their reasons but we sure hope Brave will help us soon! Have high hopes for them

1 Like

publisher added gemini wallet but it’s not world wide only 4 country supported.

3 Likes

Might increase the countries supported in time. As for the currencies, even Binance and the one I’m mainly using, Celsius Network still have currencies not yet added

1 Like

no answer/s yet Brave Community?

Hi @Snorlax,
Your account being blocked by Uphold is something you need to discuss with Uphold support. I’m sorry there’s not much more I can say.
Also in regards to wallet withdraw options - we will be adding another one soon.

1 Like