Upgrade lost bookmarks and prefs (including wallet)

bug

Just upgraded to this version tonight. Lost all my bookmarks and preferences. Enabling Dashlane password manager, Metamask are two of the preferences I could recover as I had saved Metamask private key password/brain wallet. However it also showed that Brave payments was turned off instead of transferring my balance. When I enabled it it looks like it just created a new wallet. Anyway to get back my BATs?

Here’s the transaction I used to pay it. I can validate the keypair by hashing a known string with my private key.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x59f3a64d6ead41599468d7e13a3fa986d162d1a5692cdfeff36695faaba95a03

I don’t remember being prompted to backup my Brave wallet when I turned it on for the first time 10 days ago. If you can restore my BATs I will backup the new wallet this time around. Thanks.

====
Brave 0.19.70
rev d4b94c6
Muon 4.5.9
libchromiumcontent 62.0.3202.62
V8 6.2.414.32
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel Release
OS Platform macOS
OS Release 17.0.0
OS Architecture x64

The issue was forwarded to the dev team.

CC @mrose @brian

Also this update is very sluggish compared to the previous versions. When reviewed via macOS activity monitor “Brave” and “Brave Helper” are the two highest CPU users. Same sites load fine via Chrome.

Hi @vamsee

Could you look in ~/Library/Application Support/ and see if you have more than one folder called brave? One might be brave and the other might be Brave (note, capitalization of the folder names).

Thanks,
Lauren

@LaurenWags yes, I have a brave folder with a more recent access date like 10/31 and a Brave folder with an older access date like 10/27 around when I upgraded. I have macOS HS 10.13 with a case-sensitive file system. Is there any way to switch to the old Brave folder?

Hi @vamsee

You should be able to change the name of the folder you don’t want to use to be something like brave-1 and then change the name of the folder you do want to use to be brave (no capitalization).

Let us know if this works for you!

Best,
Lauren

@LaurenWags Did that and got my old wallet back with the BATs in it! Thanks. I made a backup of this wallet. Tabs still seem to be a bit slow but I will use it this week and see how it goes.

Great, thanks for the confirmation @vamsee! Going to close this thread, if you’re still noticing performance issues please open up a new thread.

Best,
Lauren