Updating Brave issue

windows

I updated brave the last time it told me there was an update, yesterday. Now when I launch Brave I get a completely white screen, nothing happens at all. I can’t see anything. Just picture a complete white screen for the entire space of your monitor, that is what I see. I am going to re-install.

I re-installed and Brave started up again normally, however I checked for updates and the same thing has happened. A completely white screen. I am running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Brave version before upgrade:

Brave: 0.15.314
rev: 75ffa36130b1ad33c6f311e5e16ed7838b0b50a0
Muon: 3.0.202
libchromiumcontent: 58.0.3029.110
V8: 5.8.283.38
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 6.1.7601
os.arch: x64

I have the same problem with the new version released today 19.70.

So I tried downloading the application, uninstalled from my desktop, then ran the 19.70 executable and I still have the same problems. The 15.314 version still works when I downgrade to that version.

If it is ok to lose all your data, would you try this step?

No go, same issue. Now I lost all my settings :frowning:

did you happen to try this? Window is solid black or solid white; looks like a blank page

Launching Succeeds But Doesn't Open

Hello Suguru, I have tried the suggestion that you have brought to my attention, but this does not solve my issue. I placed the --disable-gpu at the end of the start command and I still have the same issue. As it stands right now I cannot upgrade Brave past version 15.314.

I am very disappointed with Brave and this issue I am experiencing on Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I had very high hopes that this browser would replace all of our other browsers, but I still cannot upgrade Brave past version 15.314.

These are not blank tabs, Brave never really loads at all. It creates a process in Windows Processes but never runs the browser, just a white screen. I have to terminate the process to close the window. I have let the process run for hours just to see if it was loading an update or something. Still cannot upgrade Brave past version 15.314.

do you mind letting us know what you see when you get by pushing Shift + F8 and click Concole on the blank white window?

Tried, but it does not do anything. I am uploading a picture of my monitor so you can see the issue.

I have forwarded the issue to the dev team. Thanks for the screenshot.

Any update on this?

Thanks!

Having a similar issue after installing the latest version for Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Here’s a screenshot with the console.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.