Updated browser version, half of BAT gone

Still showing visual display bug on my end and ads are no longer appearing I appreciate the hotfix isn’t a simple process but as long as I don’t lose any BAT I’m good

I am having the issue that from today morning I didn’t see a single ad or earn any reward.

1 Like

Hello my browser is currently on 1.35.1 and no ads are showing and my BAT balance is still incorrect visually speaking, Im hoping its just visually though and I havent actually lost anything

1 Like

There is a fix coming but as it is 11:16PM in San Francisco where it is coming from (I think) it will be a few more hours yet as they are most probably asleep. Give them some time to rest and everything will be put right.

1 Like

fair enough I saw above someone hinting it was fixed so was making sure I wasnt the only one having issues still. Thanks Dazzat and Thanks Devs for working towards a fix not many platforms have such dedicated Staff!

The Brave team do a good job and have always been more than helpful to me. Mine is also still broken but I know it will be fixed and we will be notified when.

Seems like it’s not a universal issue from what I’ve been reading, or at least not solely because of the update.
I’m still on 1.35.1 with no issues, or missing BAT.

Fix should be coming soon. Figures this would happen to the team at the same time they’re working on a Gemini fix.

Hey any word on the hotfix yet. Just curios :slight_smile:

2 Reviews pending as of now- https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/12128

Hey Dazzat my ads are appearing again but im still having the visual bug thats halving my total BAT. So sound like they’re rolling through the fix so my guess is by end of today GMT should be up and running (fingers crossed)

Looks like they have things in hand so just have to wait…all good :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just updated to [
Version 1.35.100 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (arm64)]
on a Mac, and now my coins are mostly gone. now I just have .3, and I was at almost .8 . Also reason I was updating browser is that I still do not see January, even though it counted down 3 days, 2 days, 1 day, disappeared?

Hi everybody, no hotfix for this issue has gone out yet, but rest assured that in the background, the correct amounts are being accumulated and will be paid out for you in the coming month. We will update when we have more information.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

i have dm steeven about my problem but still my problem not solved…Please help me.

I’m good, somehow it corrected, all good.

This happened to me today. My BAT almost halved as well.

Ok an update here is that we believe this issue is fixed overall by this PR: https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/12128

However, unfortunately, you won’t see the display corrected until the new month clicks over, because this is actually related to how we migrated the local data. You would still get paid out correctly in the coming month. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bearing with us.

@jsecretan When you say-

And if I understand correctly, all transaction from previous months were cleared on update to v1.35.100 except from February. This would mean the unreconciled ones would be lost/no longer retried as their corresponding unblinded payment tokens were cleared. And users would still loose some BATs for those Ads viewed. Am I correct? I suspect the failed confirmations were cleared as well but I didn’t have failed confirmations before update to verify. Please confirm.

Also, would this be a recurring feature to clear unreconciled tansactions/ads? I hope not otherwise updated calculation method unreconciled_earnings + reconciled_earnings_this_month will again decrease when they are cleared. Lol :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.