Update to 1.59.117 turned autocontribute back on without asking

Briefly describe your issue:
I installed the 1.59.117 update on my PC & was just notified that I had sent one BAT to Brave Software International, AGAIN, I have NEVER had that turned on on my PC browsers, and I most certainly did NOT touch the Rewards settings in the few hours that I have had 1.59.117 installed, the update turning it on without my permission is THEFT.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)
Linux (64bit) Brave 1.59.117

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
Uphold

Are you in a supported region?
yes I am.

I suppose this was a bug in your case. In my case, this didn’t happen.

Oh sure. There are never any bugs with a software, right?

You can appeal a refund at

Question is, did you ever turn it off? It’s on by default when you begin participating in Brave Rewards. And for you to say 1 BAT just was taken now, then it means you had the setting on prior to the 1.59 update. In order for them to “take” any BAT it would have to be on during the time it processes payments.

" did you ever turn it off?" YES, that’s what “I have never had that turned on” LITERALLY MEANS (technically it WAS turned on for maybe couple minutes when I first installed Brave, THREE YEARS AGO, but I digress), after checking the logs it got turned on again a month ago when I had to reconnect my wallet, the strange thing is I had to reconnect the wallet in a total of FOUR Browsers and in exactly ONE that reconnect resulted in auto-contribute getting turned back on (I checked all four browsers’ logs)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.