Update Older Versions for Old Computers

I have a request for those of us using Brave on an older machine; just to update the certification dats on websites.

I have a mid-2008 iMac that’s still running strong. It’s on MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan because that’s the latest OS it can run. According to About Brave it has Brave version 1.4.100 Chromium 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (x86_64). It tells me I would have to update my OS in order to get a newer version of Brave. Obviously it can’t do that.

So what I get is the error message: Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from support.brave.com (or a lot of other sites!) etc. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
It does this on lots of sites that my newer Mac, with newer Brave, has no issues with. So I conclude it’s just the dates the browser sees.

Is there a way to update just the dates on older versions of Brave?

Hi and welcome to the community.

Can’t help, sorry. I know nothing about macOS. Just wondering if you have seen the following posts? Just thought it may be related to what you are looking for or may give you some ideas for a more targeted web search. Hope it helps. Take care.

How do I update my root certificates on an older version of Mac OS (e.g. El Capitan)? Asked 1 year, 2 months ago

How to update my root certificates on an older version of macOS (e.g. El Capitan)? Asked 11 months ago

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.