Update: New and improved “Estimated pending rewards” (Brave Ads earnings) counter coming in v1.27

Hello BAT & Brave Rewards community!

We wanted to give you a heads up about an update to Brave Rewards that is coming in v1.27 of Brave (both desktop and Android). Starting in Brave v1.27, the “Estimated Pending Rewards” counter has been renamed “Current earnings this month (estimated)”, and will now more clearly show your estimated pending rewards for the current month.

When a new month begins, the display value of the current earnings will reset, and you will now see a countdown that tells you when your BAT earnings over the previous month will be arriving (for example, “+0.02 BAT arriving in 5 days”).

The “Current earnings this month (estimated)” counter may also reset each month to an amount greater than 0, as sometimes small amounts of earnings are not actually accounted for until the next month, based on how the Brave Ads protocol works to protect your privacy.

:warning: Note: Some users were affected by a bug where very old estimated earnings (from many months ago) were being carried over month to month with no way to clear or claim these old estimated pending rewards amounts. Upon updating to v1.27, these old estimated BAT amounts will no longer appear, as the estimated pending rewards counter—now the “Current earnings this month (estimated)” counter—will now correctly show only the pending earnings for the current month.

We’re excited to roll this feature out, and think it will make understanding your Brave Ads earnings a lot easier moving forward. As always, thank you for being part of the BAT & Brave community!

—BAT & Brave Rewards Team

28 Likes

Exactly what is happening here, since April i guess, earnings being carried. So, where do the “old estimated earnings” go?
Yesterday i had 4.444 ( easy number to memo) and today went down to 0,250 and up to 1. 255 in a couple of seconds.

[Version 1.27.108 Chromium: 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
W10
VPN yes

ads 2021-07-13 080310

Ads  2021-07-24 074440

5 Likes

Hi, why do the estimated earnings disappear after Brave be update? On the desktop went from 9.700 BAT to 3.737 BAT ( - 5.963 BAT) However the “ads received this month” didnt change, still on the 362 ads (?) Also on the laptop, went from 4,444 BAT to 1.250 BAT (- 3.194 BAT ) It means that today after the updated **9.157 BAT** have disappear, hope not! Any thoughts? Heres a timeline…

ads 240721

new update 240721

Now it shows

ads 240751 new  update

5 Likes

So what does that mean if we haven’t been paid out those old estimated pending rewards due to a bug?

I had around 12 BAT waiting to be paid out, but now down to around 3 BAT…

8 Likes

Same here. Had ~12 Bat pending due to a Bug NOBODY was adressing even tough i made a topic, now im down to 4 bat. Like what??

5 Likes

Not good! I don’t mind if they disappear as long as they will be paid, sooner or later. Although they are estimates i still don`t get it, the huge difference, 9 here 12 there, plus 3… weirdo! Wait to see what happens next…

5 Likes

Same here! last night I had 5 something BATs, this morning more then 3 just dissapeared! Are we gonna get them back?! Or they are just gone forever?!

5 Likes

@Dandar has indeed found a catch here.

If these old earnings aren’t paid, then users are cheated isn’t it? For some users this amount can be as big as 10 BAT or more (accumulated over many months). A Bug should not be used to legitimise OP or justify this-

@chriscat

5 Likes

Hello, yesterday I had 3,400 bats and this morning you lowered me to 1,400 bats. What’s going on? I feel cheated. If I don’t get those bats back I won’t continue using this browser. I hope they give me a solution. Thanks

5 Likes

Hi Brave Team,

I’ve not been logging my quantity of BAT on a hourly or daily basis. How do I know if I’ve been affected by this update, or calculate if I’ve been credited the correct amount of BAT?

Or we just have to trust Brave’s words that “it just works” and that the “calculation is correct”, “there are no bugs in the tracking”?

5 Likes

This aint fair tbh, had an estimated bat of over 10 and suddenly after this new update im at 1.2…like what even? justifying the whole issue on a bug is not an answer. Ive been flooded with ads for the last 3 months just for this to happen.

6 Likes

I did not know that it is okay to secretly modify our BAT values, and to repeatedly give BAT problems to different users.

If I had 0.01 BAT for every BAT support request thread on this forum, I’ll have collected more BAT than I have watching ads the past 2 years.

4 Likes

So, will we get back our BATs or not? I feel cheated…

6 Likes

@Urbie is this what you mean when you say testing to receive ads? https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026361072-Brave-Ads-FAQ
You should see on the right side at the bottom a push notification test option. I have tried this multiple times when I suddenly do not see ads or when I have a major update done on a computer.

5 Likes