Update (March 2018) on Mac is not working

Hi there,

have problems with the latest update from March 2018 on my Mac (new model, Sierra). If i search for updates in the top bar, it says, that there are no updates available. Then sometimes Mac is suddenly asking for my password to update brave. If i type in the password, the browser is showing the Update button under the URL bar. if i press it, the Brave is shutting down like expected, but not restarting. if i restart it by myself the update isnt done and it is asking me again for the password…

How can i fix this?

Exact same problem here. Has been going on for over a month.

Mac is 10.13.4

Brave is

Brave 0.22.21
V8 6.5.254.41
rev d5551e6
Muon 5.1.2
OS Release 17.5.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 65.0.3325.181

Hi @sankara and @steveoliverc

We have included a potential fix for this in our latest release, however to get this fix we need to get you on the latest version :slight_smile: Please go to brave.com and manually download the latest version (you should be able to download over the version you already have).

If you want to take extra precautions, you can do these steps:

1. Close Brave if open.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/ and make a copy of the brave folder (call it brave-backup)
  3. Go to your Applications folder and delete the Brave.app file
  4. Go to brave.com and download latest version
  5. Install and verify all of your expected information (bookmarks, history (if you don’t clear on exit), etc) is there. If so, you can delete your brave-backup folder. If not, post back here and tag me for further assistance.

Thanks,
Lauren

Installed the latest version per your instructions. Thanks.

Thanks @steveoliverc!

I’m going to leave this thread open so when the next update comes if you could let us know if the issue is solved for you we’d appreciate it. :smiley:

Best,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.