Unwanted navigation by shifting page left and right

I often open a web page that is smaller than the window, or increase font size so that the page’s visible area is larger than the window’s visible area. To read the page, then, I must scroll left and right. This is not a problem for me; I am used to it.

Unfortunately, I often bounce against the left side of the screen while scrolling, and Brave interprets that as navigating “back” in the history. This means I have to reload the page by moving forward in the history.

It is probably pretty easy to replicate this behavior: find a web page that doesn’t fix its text area to a certain number of pixels, then increase font size until page width is larger than window width. Scroll right, then all the way left. Watch as Brave loads previous page.

Is there some way to modify this behavior, or even eliminate it?

Please provide info as mentioned in the posting guidelines. This will help in troubleshooting.

Sorry; I didn’t see those guidelines; I saw the other ones.

1. Version is 0.13.5
  2. OSX 10.10.5
  3. This is for every site, regardless of shield settings
  4. Already provided, but I’ll copy them here:[quote=“cantanima, post:1, topic:1596”]
    find a web page that doesn’t fix its text area to a certain number of pixels, then increase font size until page width is larger than window width. Scroll right, then all the way left. Watch as Brave loads previous page.
    [/quote]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.