hello support it, is there someone there? we have been trying to contact you for days …
1. It is important that you have the right expectations for free technical support for free open source software.
For an average business day you should expect about 24 hours before your first response. For the weekend (any post after 3PM PST Friday to 11AM PST Monday) expect about 48 hours before your first response.
We totally love you, but we also have loved ones, pets, and stuffed animals we like to spend time with when we’re not making free software.
2. Did you check out our Common Issues? https://community.brave.com/c/common-issues
Clicking on that Lion in the upper-right corner and fiddling with settings is going to solve like 99% of your problems.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
Smileys go a long way, but it’s better if you stick to the facts and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. Don’t swear in text, it’s a waste of everyone’s energy.
Any kind of harassment/impersonation/spam will not be tolerated. Once acknowledged. your account will be banned.
- A. Make a meaningful title. “Clicking on the Done button 3 times crashes Brave” is much better than “Brave suddenly crashed”.
- B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
C. A listing of:
- i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
- ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
- i. I downloaded and installed Brave.
- ii. I created a bookmark and clicked the ‘Done’ button three times.
- iii. Brave suddenly quit and my bookmark was not created.
- E. Count to 20 and re-read your post. Could someone take offense at your post? Could you say something a bit more clearly?
We’re not trying to be rude, we just don’t want to waste energy when we could be releasing new features and bug fixes.
Hello, thanks for answering, but I think it would be good if all this that you send me, is left in the main part of the community, to know “the rules” obviously those of us who are new do not know this, and I think they understand that It is not easy to mine with brabe and every penny counts, at least for me, and I am losing about 10cvs (being positive) since I close brave (I turn off the pc) and turn on, without going any further yesterday I had 47cvs today I woke up with 34. …
I don’t mean to be rude, but I was “new” too, the main reason new users seems to not be able to find anything is because they don’t take the time to search the forum before posting and this generate a lot of “void” threads that are not useful for anyone and make more difficult to find old threads that could have useful information.
if I remember correctly the first thing that happen when you log in the forum for the first time, you receive a message from Discobot and it share with the user a lot of info:
BAT (Basic Attention Token) can’t be mined, and I’m honestly don’t know what you mean with “cvs”
You are a little confused.
The browser is free, like all other similar projects. But this product is
It’s not charity and developers don’t do everything on enthusiasm, it’s their job, they get money for it. If it were closed source, then no one used this browser for obvious reasons, like other browsers.
So your first statement is wrong.
Dude, do you have something against me?
Can’t you realize that is a copy paste? That I’m just another user?
This is not a product, is a community forum, you nor I are paying to get support and I’m not getting paid for all the time and the help I have provided in the year I have been roaming around either
That suks, Admins boss should load you down in bat considering this support forum is crippled with unsolved issues, thanks for helping tho
My understanding was that we pay with our attention… Both when we interact with ads and when we interact here; it takes 2 to tango, no? (…which means we need a new metaphor for this community dance!)
Support is best used on the supportive, but valuable feedback can take many forms (even obnoxious ones); if the brave dev team needs help, they need to be transparent about it if they want us to forgive them for not delivering on expectations they set up… I think