Unsupported command-line flag: --no-sandbox

linux

Any updates on the issue ? Is it safe to use the browser ?

If Brave does not start and shows an error about sandboxing, you may need to enable user namespaces. For security reasons, we do NOT recommend running with the --no-sandbox flag. For more info, see https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/1986#issuecomment-445057361.

This does NOT work on latest brave version (lubuntu 18.10) still the same message every time I open the browser

To reiterate to anyone encountering the --no-sandbox issue on Linux, you need to try and enable user namespaces on your machine. You can find instructions on how to do that here:

You may need to reboot before the changes take effect.

If you do this and it does not resolve the --no-sandbox issue, please let us know in this thread. Please be explicit in what steps you’ve tried to resolve the issue. Thank you.

I’ve tried everything listed on that page. I’m on lubuntu 18.10, no matter what I do the same message keeps popping up at the top when opening brave browser. I tried sudo sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1
echo kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone = 1 | sudo tee /etc/sysctl.d/00-local-userns.conf message still comes up. I’m to the point of just using Firefox because this is too much hassle

Tried to execute the commands you mentioned but did not resolve the issue. Philsophy-wise I don’t agree that users should fix by themselves what developers should, especially when security could (even remotely) be compromised. Still waiting for a definitive fix.

Which distribution are you using?

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.