"Unsupported browser" from Slack

As of today, I can no longer load Slack in browser.
Does someone have a workaround?

OSX 10.15.3
Brave Version 1.35.104 Chromium: 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Same issue, Windows 11, Brave Version 1.36.109 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit).

@aaronbauman , @wmhunter ,

When I just visited, Slack web site is complaining that AutoPlay is blocked (I have it blocked):

brave://settings/content/autoplay?search=autoplay

And, Developer Tools > Network . . . shows that some timing issue exists between at least 2 events in the traffic between Slack and Brave Browser, so portions of the Slack website reload, repeatedly.

I used Brave Browser to visit Slack, last week, and the problem did not exist, then.

There is in the traffic, a (host name “a.slack-edge.com”) hint, that Slack has determined, that Brave Browser is to be recognized as Microsoft Edge browser.

UPDATED 2022-03-04 Friday

Possibly, you need to use “Sites that can always use cookies” at:

brave://settings/cookies

and “Allowed to use javascript” at:

brave://settings/content/javascript

Quit Brave Browser. Start Brave Browser and have open, ONLY a New Window . . . and enter the brave URL’s above, as they apply, for the following sources for the cookies and javascripts.

cookies

slack.com
www.youtube-nocookie.com
js.driftt.com

javascript

a.slack-edge.com
slack.com
www.slack.com
presence.api.drift.com

Whatever the issue was, it seems resolved now. Slack is loading in Brave normally again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.