Unfocused and unresponsive tabs

I’m occasionally having focused pages or tabs shaded in light gray when they shouldn’t be since the page is open while the rest are tabbed but unfocused. These pages are functional but the color is off while other tabs are unable to be focused or viewed. When I hover my mouse over those tabs, they appear. When I actually click to bring those pages to view or close, nothing.

I believe restarting the browser does fix this at the cost of losing all the opened pages for me since I do not continue where the last pages were opened in my settings. I will confirm or deny this the next chance I get but definitely am experiencing problems with focused and unfocused tabs on my 2nd day of using Brave. I love this browser and hope this gets sorted out soon. Keep up the good work. I have so far uninstalled Chrome on my laptop and will do so on my desktops, cells and tablet. :grinning:

This happens to me also, I just restart the browser to get out of a stuck condition. For me as far as I can recall, always involves YouTube, so it could be Adobe Flash is locking up somehow. But you are not alone.

Brave 0.18.23
rev 36ae2ec
Muon 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.90
V8 6.0.286.52
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform macOS
OS Release 16.7.0
OS Architecture x64

This should be fixed in the upcoming release.

I’m having the unresponsive tab problem almost daily where I have to restart and relogin to closed pages. About ready to abandon the browser altogether it’s so annoying. Brave version 0.18.23 Mac 10.10.

Update: No issues since reporting initially, not sure how that’s possible. FWIW, I have had those issues while not using YouTube and just standard webpages.

It’s back, tab cannot be opened no matter what but others can.

@DUTCH81 @grs could you try updating to 0.18.29 and check if the issue still persists

The issue is still there with 0.18.30 for me. 0.16.9 was the last good version.

@rgnixon Could you provide the steps to reproduce on 0.18.30?

It may be difficult to reproduce predictably. It appears a bit random. I may not notice that a tab has stopped responding until I have gone back to it after looking at half a dozen other tabs. No fault in the last 2 hours, but not many new tabs opened, so not a good enough test. Will try again tomorrow.

Happening to me too.

Brave: 0.18.32
rev: e94738d9f289e9fb1a0e95aea29ee2c37196a271
Muon: 4.3.18
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.71
V8: 6.1.534.31
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows 7
OS Release: 6.1.7601
OS Architecture: x64

I’m also now seeing this behavior in Brave. When I first upgraded to 0.18.36 about two weeks ago it seemed fine. In the last three days I’ve had to kill the Brave processes since I couldn’t close tabs or even close Brave from the top-right close button. I can’t seem to find a pattern for this at this time. The only thing I noticed is it seems to be getting more frequent the longer I’ve used this version… which doesn’t seem to make sense to me. :slight_smile:

Name Version
Brave 0.18.36
rev 7ab85e9
Muon 4.3.22
libchromiumcontent 61.0.3163.79
V8 6.1.534.32
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 6.1.7601
OS Architecture x64

Duplicate of Problem with tabs freezing after minutes of inactivity, HELP!