Unfair Earnings

Hi,

I have a verified Gemini wallet and maximum amount of ads on.
For the past week I have barely been earning anything due to NO popup ads. A couple of weeks ago I was getting quite a few.

Meanwhile, my colleague is earning a lot and getting continuous ads.
I am on my PC and Brave a lot more than him during the day but he is still getting more earned.

Clearly the earnings are not balanced and relevant to time using the browser.

Can we get this fixed?

Thanks.

Many people have been having error codes and problems for months but they keep closing the tickets and not fixing the issues

I doubt they’re going to backdate any payments

Does anybody have any alternative browsers and software they use to get rewards because I’m ready to delete brave off 3 devices now

pm:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet
[28 Jul 2022, 10:03:12.1 pm:ERROR:account.cc(273)] Failed to fetch issuers
[28 Jul 2022, 10:05:21.6 pm:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(68)] Failed to refill unblinded tokens due to an invalid wallet
[28 Jul 2022, 10:13:44.7 pm:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet
[28 Jul 2022, 10:13:44.9 pm:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(68)] Failed to refill unblinded tokens due to an invalid wallet
[28 Jul 2022, 10:21:00.8 pm:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet
[28 Jul 2022, 10:21:01.0 pm:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(68)] Failed to refill unblinded tokens due to an invalid wallet
[28 Jul 2022, 10:21:54.1 pm:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(68)] Failed to refill unblinded tokens due to an invalid wallet

[29 Jul 2022, 1:21:20.7 am:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet

[29 Jul 2022, 4:28:03.8 am:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet

[29 Jul 2022, 5:01:27.7 am:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet

[29 Jul 2022, 5:45:05.5 am:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet

[29 Jul 2022, 6:04:59.8 am:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_payment_tokens.cc(54)] Failed to redeem unblinded payment tokens due to invalid wallet

That happens sometimes. Have you tried checking how many campaigns are in your area and what devices they are targeting?

Well, that could be part of the problem. For example, let’s assume you have Windows. If you don’t have Focus Assist turned off, then it would disable notifications which means you’d get no ads. This is especially the case if you’re actively using your computer. They also don’t have it serve ads when you’re watching videos and all, as they don’t want it to interrupt it.

Your first half is incorrect. Definitely is balanced and works fine. The second half is kind of correct. You don’t get paid for actively using the device. Just have to let Brave serve ad notifications. Plus there’s the NTP ads you get ever so often from opening new tabs. NTP got abused though so they reduced how often you can get BAT from them.

I’m sure you know this, but that’s maximum and not minimum. There’s never a guarantee of ads or that we’ll be anywhere near the set maximum. It all depends on ad campaigns.

Error codes are normal and expected. What you’re looking at there is for Brave and it can be quite confusing to people who have not been taught what it means. For example, even I get those types of error messages. Mine was on Verbose Logging so it has a lot more stuff between, but like here:

But that doesn’t mean things are broken. I mean, despite me seeing all of those same types of errors:

Rewards - Brave 7_29_2022 3_19_13 AM

So as Mattches and others have said:

Digging through/posting logs and making assumptions about what they mean is not helpful to anyone.

If you have issues, it’s recommended you submit a Support Ticket so someone from Brave can help to figure out what’s happening in your particular situation and find a solution.

I’ve been getting these same error codes since February when my payments stopped. I created an account after speaking to friends who are experiencing the same issues.
I’ve only posted today’s codes not the other ones stating unverified wallets etc when I use my wallet daily for other cryptos.

Yeah, I’m saying to take it with a grain of salt. A lot of people, myself included, have seen those errors and panicked. Yet I’ve seen those codes continue even after issues were resolved and payments keep arriving. It’s okay to look at and try to figure out perhaps, but I’d be cautious how concerned you get with it.

If it’s that long, I’d definitely do the support ticket like I linked in the prior post. It’s just turned Friday so if you just submit now, not sure if they’ll see it and be able to respond until after the weekend, but would be worth trying to submit ASAP.

Actually, as long as they can track it, they’ll pay it. Usually the system automatically corrects itself and handles, but there is going to be a question of what is happening in your circumstance. So long as it’s the same browser with the Wallet Payment ID, they will be able to get you anything you’ve earned.

Just shocked you’ve not sought support sooner and instead waited like half or a third of a year! Guess get that support ticket in and let us know what happens with it. I’m assuming we’ll either find out you had been flagged this whole time and there’s nothing there or they’ll be able to resolve and get the BAT handled.

I’ve just been reading and waiting. The forum isn’t very good for following topics and all I can see is mods closing topics because they’re duplicate and nothing helpful at all really.

I’m not desperate for rewards because I was hoping to get it all eventually but after this long now and the lack of proper updates and info I’m ready to find alternative software to use

I literally only created this account after speaking to a friend who has been having the same issues lately and he was the person who informed me of brave to begin with

It’s been getting cleaned up and better, but definitely is a challenge. For quite a while they only had 1 person working here on support. Then they added and it was 2-3. Not they’ve got a team of 4 who are staying pretty active in trying to assist everyone.

Of course, in that they used to always ask people to DM them and all as well. It wasn’t until recently they started doing the support tickets again, which has helped some. At one point they were getting over 1,000 notifications a day, per staff member. Definitely hard to keep up with, especially as people got impatient and kept tagging/messaging multiple times.

Btw, if you search PSA you’ll see where I’ve created some things for info. Such as my FAQ they pinned back in February.

Then I know Chocoholic was adding a bunch of stuff, trying to organize in a way to be helpful for Users. User Solutions Removed Content: Help Center; PSA; "How to"

Well, try to pass on the info to him as well. Hopefully you both can get the support tickets in and get it resolved.

As to the rest, not much I can say. Unfortunately seems you’ve had worse experiences compared to me and some of the others I’ve helped. Brave has been better than other browsers in many ways, especially after I went to “de-Google” myself earlier this year due to their increased censorship everywhere.

And if you do take off to another browser, hopefully you find a good one. Someone mentioned one they’d recommend for anyone not content with Brave, but it’s not coming to mind right now. If I stumble across it, I’ll tag you in so you can check it out. Anyway, good luck

I used to have this error on a flagged device.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.