Unblock ZeroHedge.com

zerohedge.com does not distribute malware, it is an independent news site that angers liberal activists like Google, Facebook, Apple. Please unblock this site, a browser should not take political sides, remain neutral.

2 Likes

I agree! What is the basis for blocking ZeroHedge? I have loved using Brave; the overzeal of its filter is causing me to explore other browsers. Does anyone know of a less paternalistic browser? One that the user controls, instead of the other way around? I cannot imagine that I am the only one.

Those who won our independence believed that the final end of the State was to make men free to develop their faculties, and that, in its government, the deliberative forces should prevail over the arbitrary. They valued liberty both as an end, and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness, and courage to be the secret of liberty. They believed that freedom to think as you will and to speak as you think are means indispensable to the discovery and spread of political truth; that, without free speech and assembly, discussion would be futile; that, with them, discussion affords ordinarily adequate protection against the dissemination of noxious doctrine; that the greatest menace to freedom is an inert people; that public discussion is a political duty, and that this should be a fundamental principle of the American government. They recognized the risks to which all human institutions are subject. But they knew that order cannot be secured merely through fear of punishment for its infraction; that it is hazardous to discourage thought, hope and imagination; that fear breeds repression; that repression breeds hate; that hate menaces stable government; that the path of safety lies in the opportunity to discuss freely supposed grievances and proposed remedies, and that the fitting remedy for evil counsels is good ones. Believing in the power of reason as applied through public discussion, they eschewed silence coerced by law – the argument of force in its worst form. Recognizing the occasional tyrannies of governing majorities, they amended the Constitution so that free speech and assembly should be guaranteed.

Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 327 (1927) (Brandeis, J., concurring).

Would Judge Brandeis recognize the country he left behind?

@bebravealways maybe this works

Welcome @beduffymp, @bebravealways, and @haiku. Others have reported similar problems and investigation yielded they were using the old Muon-based version of Brave, not evidence of bias in the blacklists. If you go to About Brave or another way to check version and have something like 0.25.xx (maybe 0.26.xx), that’s Muon and no longer supported. @Mattches has several posts in similar threads explaining.

Some months ago, Brave switched from Muon to Chromium underpinnings. The fix is to download and install the new version from https://brave.com/download and import your data (probably best to back up your User Data folder and Wallet, first, just in case). See this Help page about updating from Muon to Core (the new one).

Also, this has useful information:

And for examples of similar reports, see:

and
https://community.brave.com/t/unblock-the-news-observer/49911
and
https://community.brave.com/t/unblock-twitch/50491

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.