Unauthorized donation to Google

Briefly describe your issue:
Brave took me 1,00 BAT to donate to Google via auto contributing, however I didn’t authorized it and had no knowledge that this was possible/had authorized it before.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 11, 1.34.81

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
1/27/22

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
No

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
It’s a PC

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Turned off to Google after the BAT was taken, though I didn’t turned it on tbw. Google isn’t even a verified Brave creator, why would I give MONEY to something that don’t actually exists

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue that needs to be resolved

apparently they don’t wanna solve it at all

@laconh Can you share a screenshot of the transaction?

I put in a support ticket and it is being looked into. I am in contact through DM’s. I will update this thread with the info however it is resolved.

Just noticed the same issue and opened a ticket. Please share the closure of yours. thanks

The issue has been resolved by an admin, and the ticket is now closed. It can be a few days between messages or questions regarding your issues, but I am confident it will be resolved if you are patient.

I suggest to anyone that has this issue, to please open a ticket in the issues forum, and follow the reporting format and make sure you have as much pertinent information as possible to speed up the process.

How do I send a ticket? have no idea how to do that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.