Unauthorized $500 withdrawal following Coinsmart deposit on Brave browser. HELP!

I got an ad from Brave Browser for a bonus $30 to invest with Coinsmart.

As this referral came from Brave I trusted this to be a reputable enterprise and set up my account and made my first investment last night.

While attempting to log in and set up my deposit, the coinsmart website kept logging me out, making me log back in. Eventually I made it work and set up the bank deposit via interact.

With that said, I woke up this morning to see five duplicate $100 withdrawals about 60 minutes following the only one that I actually authorized.

$500 GONE from my bank account. I spent all morning with my bank who confirmed these were duplicate withdrawals to the first $100 I did authorize. Meanwhile the Coinsmart folks were fairly useless (their phone lines don’t even work) and I’m currently locked out of the coinsmart account in spite of my repeated requests to access it.

Would greatly appreciate support from Brave as this has left a very bitter taste with your ads. Y’all should be vetting these companies better.

Please do log my concern with fraudulent transactions tied in to Coinsmart.

DO NOT USE
Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result: get my money back!!!

Brave Version( check About Brave): Brave 1.22.69 Chromium 89.0.4389.105

Mobile Device details Samsung S20

Additional Information: unauthorized transactions took place at 128 am, 1:32 am, 1:37 am, 1:48 am, 1:52 am.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.