Unable to view PDF on MacOS

When try to follow a link to a PDF file in the MacOS version of Brave I don’t see the PDF - Brave downloads the file and then I am redirected to the extensions page. I have tried enabling and disabling the PDF Viewer extension but it appear to make no difference.

I would prefer to view the PDF in Brave then choose whether to download it from there.

Any help appreciated

Model: iMac15,1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3 (17D47)

Brave: 0.20.30
V8: 6.4.388.40
rev: 8b78402e7b3b91d44d8146cbe4dc8013592c33fd
Muon: 4.7.9
OS Release: 17.4.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: macOS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.119

PDF's Downloading when they should display

Did you restart the browser after enabling PDF reader from the extensions list? Do you mind sharing the link for the pdf that you are facing this issue with?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have restarted Brave several times and got the same result.

I can’t give you the link as it is on one of my finance sites however, I thought I would find another link to a PDF and send you that but when I did Brave handled the PDF fine and showed it in the browser window. The problem must have been with the linked file rather than Brave or the extension. Sorry, I should have checked with other links before posting the query.

Thanks for your help.

Pat

Do you have Site isolation enabled in preferences by any chance? If so does disabling it load the PDF correctly?

Hi, no it isn’t enabled and even if I switch the shields off it still doesn’t show the PDF. Viewing the same site in Safari displays the PDF in the browser. Cheers

@kelpie Could you load the pdf and then press F12 to load the dev tools and switch to Console tab and take a screenshot of it and share here

I can’t actually load the pdf, that’s the problem, but I clicked the link then did as you asked.

Does the PDF load if you allow all cookies to be set in shields?

No, I just tried it with Allow All Cookies and it still won’t load in the browser. (It was previously on Block 3rd Party cookies)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.