Unable to verify wallet with Uphold - Australia 🇦🇺 `ERROR:pm:ERROR:wallet_balance.cc(40)] Payment ID is empty`

Briefly describe your issue:
I’m located in Australia :australia: and is attempting to connect my brave profile with my verified Uphold account, but I get "Error: region currently not supported" instead after hitting “Authorise” button on Upload’s authorisation page.

By navigating to brave://rewards-internals, this is the log I’m getting after receiving the error…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[18 Oct 2022, 11:10:41.9 pm:ERROR:wallet_balance.cc(40)] Payment ID is empty
[18 Oct 2022, 11:10:41.9 pm:ERROR:wallet_balance.cc(40)] Payment ID is empty
[18 Oct 2022, 11:10:43.5 pm:ERROR:refill_unblinded_tokens.cc(202)] Failed to get signed tokens

I just want to confirm if this is an issue from Brave or Uphold? and if there are a fix that I can try?

btw… love Brave :heart::heart::heart:.

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Nope

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yea, with my other profile connected with Gemini, which will need to be switched to Uphold due to the changes in supported region. R.I.P

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Nope

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yea

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
Yea

@FMTWL Do have a “Rewards payment ID” on brave://rewards-internals/? If not, can try relaunching Brave?

Yea, there is value in the Rewards payment ID field in brave://rewards-internals general info tab

1 Like

Oh! found new info!

Looks like Australia is no longer supported? But it does appear on the list of supported region on Brave, and Australia is not listed in the Non-Supported Jurisdictions

Hmmmmmm, interesting… :thinking:

I hope this is not a recent change. Also, your KYC documents were from Australia, right? May be raise a ticket here- https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hmmmmmmm, my address is in Australia, but I did used an oversea document for my KYC. That might be causing the issue there I guess? But then again, if my uphold account is verified, then the KYC document must be valid??

Probably will need to chat with Uphold on that. :joy:

Yes. If you’re using a KYC document from other nation which is unsupported, then this issue can occur

Okay, I just submitted a ticket to Uphold, see if they can help me find out whether my account is working or not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.