Unable to verify wallet due to device limit reached error

Briefly describe your issue:
when i want to verify my brave wallet it give me the error device limit reached!
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no
What date did you verify your wallet?
16/05/2022
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no
Are you in a supported region ?
yes
Does your device pass the [SafteyNet]check (Android only)?
yes
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
yes

@mosh9 Hi and welcome to the community. :smiley:

Can you please confirm and provide additional information?

1. Your device is an Android, correct? What version?
  2. How many other Rewards wallets have you verified with your custodial provider?

At one time there was a 4 Rewards wallet cap. That cap was removed in May of this year: Device Linking Limits Brave Rewards has been Removed However, I think there is still a cap. I think it is 15 but not sure about that number. The number is not officially stated but from other community member posts and experience, the cap appears to be 15 Rewards wallets. This cap is probably in place for fraud prevention. If you have connected 15 unique wallet ids to your custodian provider, that is probably why you are seeing that message.

If the above does not apply, the error may be a glitch. You can try the following.

1. Make sure Brave and your OS are updated to the latest versions.
  2. Clear history/cache for all time, exit, and restart the browser.
  3. Disconnect and reconnect to your custodial provider. Might try browser exit and restart in between if just disconnect/reconnecting doesn’t work.

Hope this helps! Please post an update with the additional information requested and results of what you tried. :slightly_smiling_face:

yes my device is android 10
i try everything you say and stil stuck in this error
i think i hit the 15 device but i dont use any of them now because i formated my android phone many time so i think i hit the 15 device limit.
i want to unlink all my previous browser

@mosh9 Only Brave support will be able to help. You should submit a request to Brave support using the form linked below. Make sure you provide all the information requested.

Good luck and take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i already submitted an ticket
any idea how much time it take?

No idea. It can take days to weeks. You should get an email with a ticket#. Just reply to the email and ask for a status update on Monday if you still haven’t heard anything. It’s Friday night in USA and Brave staff usually do not work weekends.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.