Unable to verify brave wallet with Uphold & wrong estimated Earnings

Briefly describe your issue:

I have 2 computers both under windows 10, On the first one I have downloaded brave and created a wallet that has been verified since 03/24/2020 and has 51,250 BATS (let’s call it wallet A).
The second one is more recent and I did the exact same thing, downloaded brave and tried to link my wallet (wallet B) with 10 BATS to the same Uphold account but impossible.
The maximum verified device limit has been reached. So I’ve read the following topic but i dind’t find the information I needed.

Your wallet cannot be verified because you’ve reached the maximum verified device limit

According to the page brave://rewards-internals on my 1st computer I have only 1 verified wallet : Wallet A - 51,250 BATS - verified on 03/24/2020
According to the page brave://rewards-internals on my 2nd computer I have 1 wallet not verified : Wallet B -10 BATS - Not connected

It seems that my wallet A has been verified multiples times, hence blocking me from verifying my wallet B. And I don’t want to delete my wallet A.

Moreover my Estimated Earnings is way bellow my Rewards from Ads on both computers and it seems that my uphold account only recieves the estimated revenue.
(for exemple: Wallet B - Rewards from Ads = 3.50 BAT - Estimated Earnings = 0.494 BAT)

I love what you guys did with this project and i would really appreciate it if you could help me get it working correctly, cheers and merry christmas ! :christmas_tree: :santa: :gift_heart:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
both computers: Windows 10 - Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
1 / 2

What date did you verify your wallet?
03/24/2020

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
only from 1 out of my two computers

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, France

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A