Unable to use full screen mode for site videos with Brave

Hello,

I’m using a MacBook Pro, OS 12.6 (Sierra). I have been unable to go to full screen mode for videos on any website I have visited with Brave. Using DuckDuckGo search engine. I do not have this problem with Safari or Firefox, both of which are also using DuckDuckGo as the default search engine.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Have you had the notification bar appear asking if you want to allow fullscreen?

I’ve had problems when I accidentally clicked “Remember” and “Deny”, but apart from that it worked for me…

(Note - I’m using Windows, but I expect it to work more or less the same on Mac.)

2 Likes

Thanks.

I haven’t seen that on the screen. I’ll check for it. I’m using a Mac, not Windows, so it might be different.

Hi @Ugmuck

@_Tim is correct - you’ll want to look for that notification. In case you might have clicked ‘Remember’ and ‘Deny’ previously, you can reset this. Open Preferences and go to Security. Locate the ‘Saved Site Permissions’ section and those sites which you may gave denied Fullscreen access. Here’s an example:

24%20AM

For the above example I can click on the orange X to reset my youtube.com fullscreen setting the next time I visit a YT video.

Thanks,
Lauren

1 Like

Thanks Lauren. All good now.

2 Likes