Unable to use brave_wallet_recovery

im unable to restore my old wallet with the wallet recovery keys

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
windows 11 and 10 tried on both
Version 1.45.127 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no

1 Like

@kaiverma We’re going to need you to edit or supplement your topic if you want help. All we see is something about old wallet and recovery keys (which doesn’t exist for Rewards, yet you tagged this as Rewards related), about you trying on Windows 10 and Windows 11, Brave version, and then just a bunch of no and yes. (but not sure what you are saying no or yes to)

1 Like

actually i setup my wallet in brave rewards in 2020 back then i got my recovery keys. now when i try to recover that wallet from my old laptop it doesn’t do so

Brave Wallet Recovery Key
Date created: 8/10/2020
Note: This key is not stored on Brave servers. This key is your only method of recovering your Brave wallet. Save this key in a safe place, separate from your Brave browser. Make sure you keep this key private, or else your wallet will be compromised.

@kaiverma That’s not Rewards though. It’s Brave Wallet. They are two different things. Brave Wallet has been around since 2019 or so, as evidenced from About the Brave Wallet (Self Custody) category which was created in August 2019.

Lots of people have confused Brave Wallet and Brave Rewards. That’s what I’m wondering if you’re doing.

I will say Rewards used to have a backup key and all, but they got rid of that quite a bit ago. I can’t remember if it was also around 2019, 2018, or what? There’s not been any backup & restore option for Rewards for quite some time.

2 Likes