Description of the issue:
I am developing a Chrome extension for a private group of users, which is released only to testers on the chrome webstore. I have installed the extension in Brave on my windows desktop environment, which worked as expected, but after pushing an update, the extension will in no way update itself (not by auto updating nor manually clicking “update”).
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Get some sample or template chrome extension, with some version number (example 1.0.0)
- Publish the chrome extension in the chrome webstore, using “private” visibility
- Add a trusted tester account
- Use the trusted tester account to install the extension from the chrome webstore on brave
- Publish a new version of the extension (example 1.0.1)
- Click update in the brave://extensions (developer mode enabled)
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Getting a message “Extensions updated”, but the extension itself is not updated (stays on 1.0.0)
Getting a message “Extensions updated”, and the extension is updated to version 1.0.1
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.9.76 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Tested on both linux and windows. I expect the issue is somewhat in the direction that brave does not have access to the extension store page / api.
Currently I am using a workaround, which is basically uninstalling and installing it again, but that clears all the configurations and storage, which is a bit inconvenient.