Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Login to Twitter
  2. Access Settings and Privacy
  3. Click on Web Notifications
  4. Click on “Turn on” button

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Nothing happens.

Expected result:
Access to Twitter notifications selection menu.

Reproduces how often:
Every time.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Brave 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision ac8b982e05014492d1bd7d317628a4f22a97ffa0-refs/branch-heads/3626@{#796}
OS Windows
JavaScript V8 7.2.502.24
Flash (Disabled)
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.81 Safari/537.36
Command Line “C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --enable-dom-distiller --disable-domain-reliability --disable-chrome-google-url-tracking-client --no-pings --enable-features=EnableEmojiContextMenu,DesktopPWAWindowing,fill-on-account-select,NewExtensionUpdaterService --disable-features=SharedArrayBuffer,DefaultEnableOopRasterization,AutofillSaveCardSignInAfterLocalSave,AudioServiceOutOfProcess,AutofillServerCommunication,UnifiedConsent --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
Executable Path C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe
Profile Path C:\Users\Rusty\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional Information:
I can Turn On the notifications in Firefox and Chrome, but not in Brave.
If I refresh the page I can momentarily see the available setting that should appear after clicking the Turn On button, but they quickly disappear. AND these setting coincide exactly with how I’ve configured them in Twitter as run inside Firefox. If I change them in Firefox (whether open or not) if I refresh or reload web notifications I can see the momentary display is exactly that before it disappears and I am left with the inoperable “Turn On”: button.

No doubt about it, somehow the Twitter notifications in Brave are linked to Twitter in Firefox.

I have found this asked before, but no clear cut answers.

2 Likes

@rashbaugh3,
Excellent bug report, appreciate the diligence!
Looking into this issue right now. We did just release an update to v0.60.55 today - can you update and confirm whether or not you’re still seeing this issue?

Tested on my end and I’m seeing the same results after updating.
I’ve opened an issue to capture this:

I’ve added your report to the thread as well. Thank you for reaching out to us!

Thank you for your response, testing, and consideration of my issue. I appreciate it!

My pleasure!
If you have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to create a new topic.