Description of the issue:
I finally got BAT loaded into Brave via Uphold, and went to make a donation to wikipedia, but am getting a nondescript error “There was a problem processing your contribution”. Tried to tip brave.com and got the same error.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Click on BAT icon in location field.
- Click “Send a tip…”
- Click 10.0 BAT
- Click “Send my tip…”
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Send BAT to content producers.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
macOS Catalina (10.15)
Brave 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I use Brave because the BAT strategy makes a ton of sense and is really exciting. But the process of uploading and donating funds needs to be seriously streamlined before widescale adoption. Namely:
- It should be painless to add money to your BAT wallet. It’s definitely not.
- It should be easy to bring content producers into the ecosystem. In particular, if I try to send a content producer BAT who is not currently signed up to receive it, there should be an automated way of informing the content producer that someone tried to send them BAT. This seems like a critical part of the pipeline that, as far as I can tell, is entirely absent.
- Why are there issues with the core functionality of donating BAT in my wallet to content producers? This should be rock solid.
- I should be able to specify a custom amount in the tip window. I wanted to send more than 10.0 BAT but the default tip window doesn’t allow it.
Thanks for all the great work on this project. I really hope the BAT components get usable quickly. The browser itself rocks.